f

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Y O U N G H O L L Y W O O D | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

It feels like it's been a long time since a Young Hollywood release, but perhaps I'm just feeling that it's been a long time since such a large YH release - this really brings it back to the good old days with the size of this April release! This release has a lot to choose from in terms of gowns however is lacking in accessories which I'm disappointed about. I did however pick up a few pieces, and the collection sold out quickly so it went down well. Now for some features^ First up Claudentia styling the Gaga White Gown very elegantly and glamorously - completely ready for that red carpet interior! These gloves are a beautiful addition to the gown, they fit well with the style and the colour-match is pretty seamless. The silver bustier component of the dress is perfect for adding silver jewellery, and the choices here are perfect. The choker necklace is discreet and the larger earrings are fabulously bold, I love it =D
Next we have Mia1435 who wears the Gaga Green Gown which is such a stand out piece on it's own, it really doesn't need much added. The colour of this is stunning, I'd buy it in more wearable styles for sure. In this instant, it's perfect for this interior, the look fits like a glove. The darker bodice of the dress does look almost black, so the patent black gloves are fitting very nicely. The chunky necklace looks dramatic and I think is a great choice for the dress, and of course the hair and beauty look is stunning, super dramatic^ 
And the final feature is from neon.swift wearing the Zendaya Skirt - this is relatively similar to the original styling, but makes good use of another shirt, there are plenty of ways to recreate similar vibes to the original and this is a perfect example! The blue of the shirt is very pretty with the silver, I think the two fit together well. The black oversized bag is an interesting choice, I'm not sure it's what I would have chosen, but I think it does look good and doesn't overwhelm in the outfit. Love the simplistic hair and beauty styling, I think that really works nicely for the styling =)
Onto my own stylings now - and surprisingly I bought more than one gown, who have I become?! I'm really someone who doesn't wear gowns but there were too many to resist with this release I think XD I did also pick up the Lashana Shoes which are the super classic black pointed stiletto heel - I decided to focus with the clothes for these stylings, but I'm sure you'll spot the shoes in future looks! Anyway first up is the Gaga White Gown. I did try to be creative with this and add some sort of top, but nothing I tried was perfect, I guess I'm not creative enough for that! I do very much like my outfit though, and it's such a beautiful gown that it would probably look good even on it's own. Silver accessories were a must, I really love the two pieces I've picked, these earrings stand out especially against this darker hairstyle, and I love getting to use this bag, I think it's a perfect piece for this gown! Next is the Christine Gown which I thought would be another one that would layer well, I don't think the outfit has gone entirely to plan but I'm glad I tried it out. The deep rosey pink is a stunning colour and I love the glitter accents throughout, so next time I think it would be better to highlight those accents in my clothing additions, the white is a little too bright, but I do think this dress works well as a skirt. Accessories however are pretty cute with this one, just maybe not together. I love this glitter clutch, the colour is perfect for the dress, and same for the necklace, but I don't think the two pair together well - so a work in progress with this second look! And the final piece is the Cynthia Cape which is the piece I had most fun styling, it was great to work with =D The oversized style didn't really put me off at all, I was just thinking of all the fun red pieces I had that I could pair with this and knew I wanted to also include something white to really make that red pop! These Dior shoes are a perfect colour match, I will be repeating this pairing for sure, and I love these glasses with the look too, really a perfect set of red^ I kept the clothing simple and it works well with such bold pieces in the rest of the look. The trim of the cape has some silver/grey details so I decided to use that with this sweater and I really like how that's turned out. This look is a winner for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment