f

Sunday 22 May 2022

3 BY 3 | Leopard Print

I've been looking forward to making this 3BY3 post for a few months now - it's all about the leopard print! Animal prints definitely come and go in terms of popularity and we've had several themed releases with them in the past, but it's perhaps been a little while now. Some prints can be tricky on the versatile front, hopefully I can try my best with these pieces! So for this post I'm styling up the HotBuys Leopard Jacket (Bizou), Leopard Print Serpent Skinny (Jordache) and the Black Animal Pants (It Girls, recolour of the Royalty green pair) - these are quite a mix of old and new pieces and I've styled/worn each of these at least once on the blog before.

H O T B U Y S L E O P A R D J A C K E T
I've had this piece a looong time, since it's release in October 2014 - despite having a number of the pieces from this Hotbuys release, I've never actually posted about this one which is a surprise to me! This was a very popular piece back at it's release and I've seen it styled a couple of times over the years, but definitely not so much recently. I don't remember the last time I styled it, but I really loved putting together these three looks, it was quite easy for me to find pieces that I liked with it. There's a very similar colour palate across the outfits and I think the jacket it highlighted perfectly in them all^ I love beige and brown tones a lot, and the black trim on the jacket made for another good choice in adding to looks. I like all of these looks equally, and would wear any of these again in an instant. They're a little more Spring/Autumn than Spring/Summer, but I do think the jacket has a good versatility about it and it works equally well with dresses/skirts as trousers. I didn't have any perfect leopard print accessories to match - the shoes I used in the first look aren't too bad and I think work ok, but I'd love a bag matching this jacket!

L E O P A R D P R I N T S E R P E N T S K I N N Y
These are the oldest piece of the three in this post, I'm not sure when they were released but it was pre-2010 and they're one of the oldest items in my wardrobe. I love the more subtle style of the animal print on these however I was concerned about the grey colour as it's not one I wear a lot or particularly enjoy styling. Despite my worries, these weren't too difficult to style and I'm relatively pleased with the looks. White and black pieces worked out the best with these and I think the print really pops in all the outfits. It's super classic for me, but this white bow blouse with the matching bow shoes looks super cute with the jeans. I was also glad to see this grey blazer actually looking not too bad with the jeans, I kind of regretted buying this blazer after trying to style it the first time, but I think it's a nice touch with the jeans.

B L A C K A N I M A L P A N T S
And the final piece, these are the most recent of the pieces and are still available in the Plaza. The print on these is quite subtle which I think makes these pretty easy to style compared to the other pieces. I think I went for a good mix of styles with these looks and have hopefully highlighted these trousers' versatility. Classic black and white looks great with these trousers, I particularly love this white ruffled blouse, I think it's super cute with the trousers and the tucked length is sleek. And then what I loved trying is the third look, I tried out a couple of coloured shirts and was so surprised by how fun this neon piece looked. The styles of the two fit well and I had some perfect accessories to add, love the pop with these shoes. These three looks have definitely made me excited to try out more with these trousers =D

No comments:

Post a Comment