f

Sunday 21 June 2020

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

This weekend we got a little something special in a release of Limited Edition! It's been quite a few months since our last release (February - and quite a few pieces are still available in the Plaza if you want them!) so this has been long awaited. There was a top up offer of 50% more SD's, and luckily the spoilers came out on Thursday, so you could plan accordingly =)
Highlights This release is a mix of recolours and new pieces - I really won't mention the recolours much, the pieces really aren't so much my style, and while some of the colour combinations work nicely, I think others are a little questionable. I'd have also rathered more pieces recoloured, with just a couple of colour  options rather than a few pieces with lots of colours. The new pieces however are better, and there's a mix of clothing, accessories and styles.
Accessories The new accessories really drew me in to the release! There are a few pairs of new shoes in a mix of styles, I do quite like the style of the Max Flats, the colour is a perfect neutral for summer and the square toe is great, but I'm not such a wearer of flat shoes so I'm passing on these for the moment. Also quite loving the LE Round Heels, which are the blue ankle booties with the cool sphere on the heel - these have such a great metallic vibe! I'm also very much a fan of the bags, both the LE Small Shoulder Bag and the Max White Handbag are really my thing being super minimal on the design front. I did think they were quite expensive for what they are, which was really off-putting, for a style like this I'm expecting around the 40SD mark, while these were 60-70SD. The one benefit to being minimal is that they'll work well with a lot of different styles though, so definitely won't sit unused!
Clothing So the recolours are so not my thing, but the new pieces are closer to my preferred style - they just don't look like LE clothing, does anyone else think the same? The design is all fairly minimal, which I really like, but the execution isn't up to scratch for me. The Blacknwhite Flower Jumpsuit is pretty cute, I like the loose fit on the doll but the fabric is half-sheer which I don't like the look of on my doll - I'd take the floral print on another item for sure though! The Tulip Denim Jacket and Pants are a cute pairing, I like the bright denim colour and the ripped applique additions are unique, which do make them stand out. I don't like the fit of the pieces for my doll, but they've both sold old, so I look forward to seeing stylings on you guys^ And lastly to talk about the all-beige styling, which by nature I should love as I love beige clothing, but these pieces, the Max Dress and Jacket are just a step too far into simple. It's really the design and details that let them down for me. The Dress is a little too shapeless on the doll, and if you're paying almost 100SD's then it really needs to be a good dress. The Jacket is a little better, however it's a style I know I shy away from as I've had similar styles before and not gotten wear from them.
Prices This release ranged from 25 to 135SD's, and as always, this was SS/Royalty-limited. However starting on Friday when the collection was released, everyone was given a free week of SS, so technically, this is available to everyone! I think the recolours were fairly well priced, however the new pieces were priced as a typical LE collection but design-wise did not match up to typical collections.
Styled Outfits I just picked up one piece, the LE Small Shoulder Bag and I'm super happy with it! I really had to pair it with other blue tones, and I love how it's worked out - I'm sure I'll try and work it with some other colours next time, but blue and white are classic^ For the first look I picked out a blue pair of trousers, I tried quite a few pairs under the criteria of being darker than the bag and this royal blue pair worked out best. I kept a smart shirt as the trouser waistline really works well with that, but did play with light blue shoes - these aren't a perfect fit to the bag colour, I didn't have anything that was a perfect match, but I think the darker tone between the pieces balances them and it's not too noticeable. I love this for a smart look that doesn't involve black! For the second look something lighter with white trousers - this bag looks pretty good with any white clothing, so it's easy to find things that work^ I decided to go with a blue top, this one has such a great light shade, I love it with the bag so much, and the details on it really add to the look - the black around the neckline was a perfect opportunity to choose a black belt and I also went with black sandals and sunglasses, which I just think is a great pairing against the paler tones. I'm super pleased with this outfit, it's really one of my favourites of the moment =D 
Features And for the features - these are mixed with new pieces and recolours, but the recolours have sold out much quicker than the new pieces. First up FunOpler styling the Blacknwhite Hat which is quite a fun and trendy piece, while it's not my style, I can imagine a lot of cool looks with this, like this one! The layering of the white skirt with awesome sleeves and the black furry top really works well to highlight the design of the hat, such a great pairing idea. The smart shorts keep a summer stylish vibe and I love the use of the fishnet socks, a fab balancing piece to work with the hat design^
MeLolitka styles up the Tulip Denim Pants in this cool blue and white based styling I really love the use of accessories in this styling, I think they're all great pairings with the jeans. The white piped details really pops out with the other pieces added, the belt, shoes and furry stole are perfect pieces here^ And I'm also loving this bag in the styling, the blue colour is perfect with the tone of the denim =D
Next up is the_chuba wearing the LE Balenciaga Inspired Sherling Jacket Black which is one of the recoloured pieces - this is definitely the most classic colour pairing for the piece, and it's perfect in this look^ The chunky black polo looks great under the jacket, the big collar is perfect to fill the wider neckline that the jacket brings. The boots are a perfect vibe with the pieces, while the light wash denim brightens the styling =)
And finally is yelich styling the Brown Handbag (which really looks black to me!) in this brown-focused look. I really love the pairing of these to brown/beige pieces, I love the combination of the chunky knit with the miniskirt, it's super cute and I think it's a style that works very nicely with the bag^ The lighter accessories in the look really help to make the dark colour of the bag really stand out in the styling!

1 comment:

  1. The most awaited review by me haha, I agree with you, I didn't like this collection. Doll: Kate17elegante.

    ReplyDelete