f

Friday 26 June 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | June 2019

And finishing up the week of Hotbuys Revisited with the June 2019 Hotbuys from last year - didn't love the dark vibes for the Summer months, but the pieces on their own really weren't as bad as I was expecting them to be. I focussed on the accessories and I bought them all apart from the Cat Sunglasses, these just aren't so much my thing while the shoes and bags have a lot more versatility about them. The one piece I've used the most are the Strap Heels in the green, they have just been so great for outfits, and I think that was down to the colour as we don't really have anything else similar. Love them so much! So today focusing on the other pieces, I'm styling the Bamboo Tote and the Monochrome Shoes:
The looks are very much the opposite of each other, I didn't mean to make them totally void of colour! I definitely know why I've never worn this bag, it's all about the colour - it's not quite a tan, and there's not many accessories or pieces to match it perfectly. I think the sandals I chose are a good fit, but they're mostly hidden under these wide-leg trousers, haha. But I think the neutral style works well for a neutral bag like this, and I do think it manages to stand out in the styling. I have to say I really struggled with the shoes, nothing was looking right, so I settled - I think I will take a fresh look at these on another day with a new perspective. I styled them with these trousers the first time round and I picked them because I knew they looked good. This sleeveless polo gives for a sleek, almost retro vibe which I quite like, then I added some fun accessories - I did try silver but it was a little overwhelming for the shoes in the styling. I will try harder with these next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment