f

Monday 22 June 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | June 2009

Taking a huge step back in time to the June 2009 Hotbuys this week - I really remember these quite clearly, definitely not 11 years ago though! I loved the pink and purple vibes to the collection but also the dark florals in that skirt - always really wanted it, then got it and could never work it into a styling, isn't that typical?!?! I did also have the little bikini-top necklace but sold it some time ago. The one piece I have always clung onto though is the Hot Buys Bag from RIO, a very creative name I know, but way back then this only cost me 6SD's - which doesn't get you far these days! So two stylings with this fun piece:
I adore the colour of this bag, it's super stand out and bold - but the shape is a tricky one and the reason I really haven't worked with this bag before. I tried to embrace it this time, but I still wish it had a better position sitting on the doll! For the first look I went minimal in all pink, but the pastel tone really lets the bag stand out, I think it's a pretty cute pairing^ I actually had quite a few options for pink shoes, my aim was for something darker to pop out with the bag, and these striped ones were a surprise hit! I love them a lot as it is, but they're super tricky to style, but the mix of shades of pink was perfect for this look =) In the second styling I went a little crazy for me - I wouldn't normally go for a bold print, let alone a bold print with a bold accessory, but the pink tone in some of the floral print was just a great fit with the bag, and I don't think it looks too bad! Some people will probably disagree, but this is a step of trying new things for me^ I stick simple with some white accessories too though, the shoes, sunglasses and earrings work very nicely with the dress and the white flowers on there. I'm pretty happy with these looks, I think this bag has so much potential and I definitely need to wear it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment