f

Sunday 30 June 2019

J U N E 2019 | Hotbuys Review

For a Summer month, these June Hotbuys are pretty dark when looking at the advertising. However the styles and designs are current and popular - from what I've seen people are pretty happy with these pieces, which is always good, as often there is complaining and not looking at the positives^ Upon first seeing these I was most excited about the accessories, so lets see if they live up to my expectations =D

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
Cat Sunglasses - So while I do have a thing for sunglasses, I'm not quite sure it covers screen-green tones yet! These are certainly quite a bold pair of sunglasses for styling. I really like the shape, it's one that works well on all doll face shapes, and I like the black framing design, that's super cool - it's just the green! I think they will work for some people and I'm excited to see those people styling them! Original Future 18SD's
Strap Heels - These are an awesome pair of shoes! I love a mule style and these fit the bill perfectly. The block heel is great, along with the height and the square toe is super trendy right now. The strapping across the foot is flattering, and the colour, it's to die for - really something I was missing in my shoe collection. I just can't get enough of these =D RIO 17SD's
Eloise Corset - At first I was really thinking this piece looked ok, but wasn't for me, however over the month it's really grown on me! The colour is pretty neutral and while the design is a corset, it's well made over a nicely fitting tee, that's a style that works for me. The fit is great on the doll and I think it will work nicely in a lot of styles - it's definitely not a piece to layer though, it's one to stand out! RIO 22SD's
Bamboo Tote - I absolutely adore this bag, such a great piece! It's in a style which is very popular and trendy right now, so I'm delighted to have something like this for my doll. It's a perfect summer bag in a light colour and a small size. I like the beaded design, and it seems a lot of you do too as I've seen an uncountable number of people styling this one - it's clearly a winner and I think it's a great versatile piece =) It Girls 21SD's
Blaze Pants - So these will never be a piece for me - a combination of many things about them, and they seem to get mixed views from what I've seen, some people don't like the way they've been designed, but others are loving them, so a marmite type piece! For me it's the colour and also the overall wide fit of them, with the low slung waist and all the pockets, they're quite 90's to me. So I'll pass on these but I do enjoy seeing you guys style them up because they've been looking quite cool! Bizou 24SD's
Leaf & Olive Earrings - So this earring set was a little unclear in the advertising, I though we were just getting the golden leaves, but actually it's a separate set with one leaf and one 'olive' - this sort of different pairing isn't for me, but I do like the delicate design of the golden leaf, so for me, two of those work better than the pairing they were intended for^ These have seemed super popular, everyone is coming up with some creative ways to wear them which really makes me excited for styling them up! Velvet Orchid 11SD's, 9SD's
Monochrome Shoes - Another great pair of shoes - these look like they could be a classic! I love the different design features to them, the intricate design on the pointed toe, the golden stiletto heel and the neat strap wrapped around the ankle, they really look a classy shoe. The colours are very neutral in black and white so will be easy enough and versatile enough to wear. For me, definitely one of the top pieces this month =D It Girls 20SD's
PVC Leather Tote - And another bag that I love, this is such a great piece to round up the accessories this month, they've been so strong! This is in another popular style, with a perspex outer and the 'bag' on the inside, I love the look with the black animal texture and the matte round handles, it really looks sleek. I've not seen anyone wear this yet, but I have so many plans for it myself, so hopefully some of you guys jump on board with it too^ Bizou 21SD's
Fran Top - I was never very enthusiastic about this top, or even this set, they're really just not my style, and trying on the piece really confirmed that. It's a cropped piece and while I like the little polo neck and the short sleeves, the cutout can be a tricky one to style around. The black with silver stripe design is also one that wouldn't be the easiest for me to style. Fallen Angel 25SD's
Heather Skirt - As with the top, I knew this skirt wasn't for me. The fabric is matching to the top, good if the style is for you, but it has a very short length which is something that won't work for everyone, including me. I don't really see anything too special about this piece, so it's quite an expense for a piece and being a HB - but hopefully someone out there likes it! Fallen Angel 24SD's

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features, millaxx wearing the Strap Heels which look stunning with these mint trousers! This is a great summer look, the trousers have a loose fit and the waistline goes well with the tucking style of the shirt. I love all the accessories paired with the shoes, especially the bag, it looks fab^
Secondly INANAAAA styling the Blaze Pants - see how cool they can look! This styling really stood out to me, it's so stylish for a pair of trousers that have been a little on the fence, I just love them with this blazer tucked in, the pairing is really great =D The accessories are a great touch, love the 'chain; on the belt and this bag is such a fitting piece^
And our final feature, Pinki60er wearing the Fran Top and looking fabulous - I'm quite glad someone likes this piece and has styled it well! The layering with the lace long sleeved piece is amazing, the combination allows both pieces to be highlighted and they work together pretty nicely. The black trousers are a solid pairing for the tops, and I love all the accessories - very rock chick!

S T Y L I N G S
Now time for the Guest Writer stylings - see I told you the Leaf & Olive Earrings were popular^ I love this set of looks, everyone really has taken different ideas with the pieces. Miloshki styles up the Strap Heels in a minty styling, I love these floral trousers, perfect for the season, and I'm also loving the accessories, particularly those earrings - a fab touch! AudreyHepburn. has gone with just the Leaf Earring on it's own and super creatively styling it on the necklace - so cute! The deep V of the dress is perfection for that as the design is highlighted so well in the styling =) Cinderela23barb wears the Leaf & Olive Earrings together, and they look great - I wasn't convinced with them on my own doll, but here they're fabulous^ They look great with this hairstyle behind the ears as they pop and I love the neutral tones against the gold, a classic and lasting combination! And finally vogue_veronica, also wearing the Leaf Earring but paired very cooly with the Bamboo Tote - what a great idea! The pieces look fab together, and also with the neutral tones, I love the mix of floral prints, I think that really works well to grab the attention - as does the sheeny highlighting in the makeup look, completely stunning!
And now for my stylings! First up the Monochrome Shoes, a real gem in this months HB's, I love them so much and found them so easy to style. The cropped length lets the neat wrapping be highlighted and I love the shine of the shoes against the black of the clothing. A little silver in the accessories is a perfect balance - I'm adoring this minimal styling! Second up the PVC Leather Tote, also styled very neutrally but this time against a white base with black accents, I think it's super effective^ I love this layered with the handheld blazer and the sheeny heels. I can see this will be a great Autumn/Winter bag too. And finally the Strap Heels, which of course I paired with my go-to mint blouse which I wear with any slightly similar toned accessories, haha! But I love this for a more casual styling, the bag colouring works well with the look and I love the pop of contrast with this belt, I think it works out nicely for the styling as a whole =D

No comments:

Post a Comment