f

Monday 6 November 2017

S U B C O U T U R E S T R I P E B O O T I E S

This pair of boots, the Subcouture Stripe Booties from Subcouture which were released a couple of years ago now have been really standing out in my wardrobe when I've been browsing - I styled them back when I got them, but haven't really had an opportunity to work with them since but it's completely boot-season now and I think this is a style which works with todays trends and the like^
For me at least, I immediately want to just wear black and white pieces with these boots which I did end up doing but quickly found that grey was a good choice too and I could have made at least 3 different looks with grey clothing! I didn't do that and I even branched out into some red which I think works out nicely. I actually find that across all of these looks the boots really do stand out and my attention is brought to them first in the outfits, which is great!
For the first look I couldn't not use these white jeans, they're my go-to piece right now and they work well with the boots. It was easy to pick out blacks and greys to work with the jeans and I really enjoyed working with different materials like the wool coat and the leather shirt against the patent feel to the boots - it's casual but kinda cool at the same time^ Secondly I headed down the black route with some skinny trousers and I like the matte plain look against the boots, which of course I couldn't continue with in the choosing of this patent puffa jacket, it suits the boots style so well and I love the combination. I'm all for the reds at the moment so my accessories were naturally red standing out against the black and white clothing. And lastly all that red! I love these wide leg trousers with the boots, I think they're a great fit together. I wish I'd been a little more creative with the top-half too, but this shirt and blazer combination work really nicely, I think something in black would have looked good too, but I did add more stripes with this little bag and I like that a lot =D

No comments:

Post a Comment