f

Saturday 25 November 2017

A N T I D O T E | Release Review

Well it sure has been some time! This Antidote collection came out on the 3rd of the month, as I was leaving for 2 weeks away for work - so no time to post about this release until now! It's been a while since our last Antidote release, and while it's not my favourite limited store, I think it can be alright. The homepage add tells me the store is quite street style and also dark with the models both wearing black pieces - so there could be some good versatility there! 
Highlights The release has two floors, and pretty full floors at that too! They really are packed with different pieces and I do think the theme follows through everything pretty well while giving a range of styles to suit a range of people. I think it looks pretty decent overall - and it sold out pretty fast too, which is a sign of a good release =D
Accessories There is quite a small accessories selection in this release. There are two pairs of shoes, both boots, the Boots For Walking in a cobalt shiny blue which makes them stand out well in the collection, and the Navy Balenciaga Inspired Boots which are a more casual style. Initially I wasn't sure I'd want either, but after browsing the whole collection a few times I decided to give the blue a chance! There are also two bags in the release - the Off The Chain Crossbody Bag and the Fold Over Striped Galore Bag. Both are focused on black, white and blue colourings, but I definitely prefer the folded clutch piece as it seems a little more fashion-forward than the casual cross body. That's it for accessories, so I feel like we're missing a belt, hat and a piece or two of jewellery, but maybe those have made way for a closer focus on the clothing!
Clothing So this release has an incredible amount of clothing, it really impressed me! Firstly dresses, which do hold a reasonable focus in the store, and there are six of them, three short and three long. The short dresses do seem a little more casual, the Twill Waterfall Sleeve Mini, Faux Corset Silk Dress and Layered TShirt Dress. All are black or grey pieces and what I like about them is that they aren't too skimpy, they're pretty covering given their short length and I think would make good pieces for winter stylings. However it's the longer dresses that catch my eye - the McQueen Inspired Net Knit Dress, Slip Slip Dress and the Deep Plunge Ruffle Dress which is bold in a blue colour and I love it! These longer styles are somewhat more risque, with low necklines, sheer and mesh materials and cutouts, but I still think they are attractive pieces and they look pretty darn good on the doll^ There are also six tops in the collection in a range of styles, covering pretty much anything we could want - there's a smaller piece in the Bow Wow Cropped Top in a pretty design, smart in the Off Shoulder Asymmetrical Shirt which is dreamy and I can see how it sold out so quickly, something edgy in the Cut Out Tight Body which I hadn't really noticed until writing this review, but I think it looks pretty good. Then there are the warmer sweater based pieces, the Checked Out Shirt Sweater, which has the shirt loose at the bottom of the sweater, a style I like but I really don't like the checks on the sweater, and then the two matching Antidote Knit Loose Sweater and Antidote White Loose Knit, which are nice pieces with a slight oversized shape I just wish the bodies were a little more cropped as I knew I would find the lengths a little awkward to style. Outerwear next, and there are five items, including the male piece (because it fits the female doll just fine) and there's a real mix in there. There's a couple of denim pieces, seeming more autumn focused than winter, the Vetements Inspired Denim Jacket which is a neat piece and quite snug on the doll, then the Patch Work Denim Cape and I have tried patchwork pieces previously and know I don't get on with them, but I also don't really like this one as it looks very square on the shoulders and I don't think that's such a good style for me at least. Then the warmer pieces, firstly the Velvet Gold Bomber, which I didn't really consider much at first, but probably because I was shopping on the app and not trying things on, because I love it on my doll now, oh well, I'll have some Bazaar shopping once it's sellable! Then two puffa-styled jackets and I include the male piece, Faux Fur Trimmed Bomber, because I think it looks good on the female doll (another 'if only I'd known!' case), and then also the Pinned Black Down Puffer, which I think has been hugely popular although I've not seem anyone wear it yet! And the final category, the bottomhalves, there are four pieces, half jeans and half trousers so a good balance. First the jeans, the High Rise Heart Wash Denim which are in a loose straight leg cropped style, and the Chained Baggy Jeans which do seem to be more of a longer bootcut style, I like the first pair, I think they bring something different to my wardrobe and it's a cut of jeans which I think is quite popular right now, so it's cheaper to let my doll try them than for me to buy a pair in RL! And the trousers, the Belle Of Bottoms Pants and Gathered Waist Check Pants and I really love both pairs but sadly the second pair were sold out when I went to make my purchases, they are really awesome! Both pairs are fab though, they're high waisted, and the Belle Of Bottoms Pants are printed with a pretty print and have a great fit on the doll, loose at the hems yet tightly fitting from the waist to knees, and the Gathered Waist Check Pants are a bit of the opposite being loose, but they're both great styles!
Prices This store ranged from 42 to 109SD's, so the starting point is a little on the high side, but that's due to a lack of smaller accessories pieces I think. But I think the clothes are all reasonably priced for what they are. Everything is SS only as it is Antidote, but nothing is Royalty only.
Styled Outfits And next my looks! All of the purchases I made were on the app, so I didn't try anything before buying - and it was selling out quick, so there was no time for slow decisions. In the end I bought 3 pieces. First up the Belle Of Bottoms Pants, which I really kept very neutral with, choosing the same tones for my accessories. This overcoat really goes well with the print and it really calms the print down a little bit too. I went with a black blouse, bag and shoes too, minimal but overall I think the trousers get the focus of the outfit, which does seem to be their point^ Secondly the Boots For Walking, and again I kept a pretty minimal outfit - I wasn't feeling doing anything too crazy for them! These jeans are a great match as the length is perfect to let the boots still be shown off, the the white colour brings a brightness that catches your eye. The rest of the look is darker for the winter season as I think the white jeans are enough. I love this velvet blue jacket, I think it looks good against the patent texture of the boots and the colours work nicely together =) And finally the High Rise Heart Wash Denim - I think it's been a while since I've embraced true blue denim jeans, and these are a cute addition to my wardrobe with their heart knees, super sweet^ I paired the navy top with the knee patches, but I was really quite liking the idea of the black and blue contrast that I've seen a few bloggers wear so I went full out with that in the boots, bag, belt and jacket - I really quite like this puffa jacket style with the jeans, but I wish it was more matte than patent as I think that would look really great, sigh, oh well^ But I really quite like these jeans, and I've even styled them a second time over at What I Wore On Stardoll, so I think I'll enjoy styling them again in the future.
Features And the features! Naturally looking for features over 2 weeks after the release means fewer people are still wearing the pieces, but I found some great looks =D Firstly dm2udm2u wearing the Fold Over Striped Galore Bag in a bright white look which lets the bag pop! These white culottes are smart and cool, and look great with the jacket and white geometric top, very cool against the folded style of the bag. I like the pop of yellow against the blue of the sunglasses and the section of the bag, it works really well and makes a cool style feature^ Also loving the velveteen boots, they're super cool too!
Then we have Isabella8103 wearing the Velvet Gold Bomber, certainly a piece which needs a stand-out styling and that's what it got in this metallic based look! I love it paired with the silver sheeny trousers, the two pieces are great together. The floral bag is a great choice, standing out and fitting in at the same time. And the earrings and sunglasses are classy and fit well with the overall style =)
And our final feature, Marbum, wearing both the Gathered Waist Check Pants and Bow Wow Cropped Top paired together - it works^ I like the white polo under the top making it more into an autumn/winter styling, it works out and the white colour works to make the red bow pop but also fits with the check lines on the trousers. And red has been used in the shoes and nails, they both really stand out and look good with the look =)

No comments:

Post a Comment