f

Saturday 11 November 2017

M E S H T R E N C H F I T T E D C O A T

This next Styled Outfit choice is a bit unusual for me, I wasn't 100% sure of it when I bought it and I'm still not but I decided it was time to try it out again! This is the Mesh Trench Fitted Coat from Antidote earlier this year. For me it's more of a dress than a coat, so I styled it like that, but I'd be really interested to see someone styling it as a coat instead!
For the first look I went pretty basic just sticking with the dress, I find the mesh quite hard to work with in terms of layering so this was a good start for me - basic jacket, bag and shoes work nicely and I think this look is the one that shows off all aspects of the dress the best of the three. In the second look I tried for the layering, but I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I don't think it worked! For winter tights are the best option, but I don't think these look good, nor does the polo or the extra chiffon jacket, oops^ I do however like the belt, I think that works nicely, so 1 out of several pieces in this look must get me points of something, right?! Ah well! And my final look is probably the most 'me' and it's the one I'd explore further in using this dress as a skirt. I think the style looks really nice with the mesh and buttons all the way and I think this might be my way forward with the piece. Totally average for me, going with a white shirt and a black coat^ I think these are the best shoes of the 3 I've worn with the piece and overall, I'm pleased with this look and styling both of the piece and on my doll =D 

1 comment: