f

Saturday 3 December 2016

P R E T T Y ' N L O V E | Release Review

Again, another store which was released a while ago was Pretty 'N Love, it's been ages since we've had a new release here! There are always some classic feminine choices with these releases and I know I'll be able to purchase at least a few things, even if the advert doesn't really sell the collection particularly well!
Highlights The release is the usual one floor of items with a general pink theme but there are a couple of darker inclusions which is a pleasant surprise! Definitely overall a little more feminine so the release might not be to all tastes, but generally I can find a few things that work for me and what I'm into at that moment!
Accessories Although there aren't many accessories on the floor, there is a pretty good variety in what there is. There are two pairs of shoes, the sheeny Multi Strap Patent Heels and the darker velveteen Purple Mary Jane Heels. Both fit the store well, but I definitely lean to the darker pair more, the shape and look on the doll is that little bit better than the nude pair. There are two small bags too, the over shoulder Embroidered Velvet Box Bag which has a cool floral print and then the Velvet And Snake Clutch in such a pretty amethyst colour! And also a little jewellery with the Gem Embroidered Velvet Choker, a basic piece that wouldn't be out of place in any wardrobe =)  
Clothing And next the clothing! A lot of pinks as you would expect, but I like the small range of other tones available too, and a lot of different textures in the clothing as well. Pale pastel tones are prominent in the release, especially the Dropped Waistline Sleeveless Dress, Faux Fur Ice Bear Coat and Gold Embossed Blush Pants. The trousers look pretty great, and the fit on the doll is great too, but we've had quite similar ones previously (I'm thinking a MSW pair) and I bought those but never wore them so I've learnt my lesson with this glittered style! Else with the store, there's mostly a focus on tops and skirts, which works out well for most I'd say because then you can mix and match to your hearts content^ Starting with the tops, I like both the Purpur Organza Blouse and Velvet Collar Silk Blouse, they're both smart pieces and fit well, plus I love the deep colour which I think is great for winter stylings. Also in this category I'd put the Black Light Ribbed Body and while it's not a typical fit for the store I love its inclusion this time! It's a great staple for your wardrobe for any season and it's super versatile, looking forward to seeing it get some use =) There's good range with the skirts too with light and dark colours and long and short lengths. My eyes immediately go to the Scallop Slit Skirt with it's bold block pink colour, so bright for the collection but the design is amazing and I think it looks fab on the doll!
Prices The collection ranges from 6 to 22SD's with most items placed well in the middle of the range and I didn't find anything too overpriced. Overall I think it probably is a little more expensive than previous store releases, but I think this is the case all round in the StarPlaza!
Styled Outfits I bought a right mix of pieces from this release, prompting quite a range of looks in these styled outfits! First up the Purple Mary Jane Heels and Velvet Collar Silk Blouse, this wasn't really what I was planning for either piece, but I love the whole burgundy pink combination and these two pieces seemed to slip seamlessly into the style^ Definitely more spring than winter, which is what comes with the second look! This uses the Black Light Ribbed Body and I went totally warm with this furry coat. The trousers have a nice vintage feel which I like in this look and I went just a tad glamorous with a golden necklace. The final look is a bit different with the Scallop Slit Skirt, but I quite like the contrast of the black and pink, I think this skirt can take it! Love the polo with the skirt though, that's definitely a combination I'd wear again in a lighter colour, but with the black waistband on the skirt I think it goes down alright =D
Features I haven't seen many stylings with this collection, I think it's gotten a little forgotten with the whole host of recent releases, but I did see Mia1435 wearing the Purple Mary Jane Heels rather well! I like them in this casual styling with jeans but they're a perfect fit with all the purple tones, especially the leather bag, totally a perfect match =D

No comments:

Post a Comment