f

Monday 5 December 2016

P P Q | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Again the PPQ came out a while ago, but I've been debating with myself on whether to post about it or not, because I think the general feeling from everyone is that the release wasn't all that good, and I do fairly agree with that. It seemed a huge mix of pieces and not at all like the sleek and very formed collections we've had in the past, which is a shame because generally I love PPQ! So I did find a few features and I did buy a few pieces so my post is style based over writing a review =D
Features I think these guys did a great job with the collection, really working things into their own style and seeing the good in the release^ First up marina495 with the Checked Wool Coat, and I really think this styling totally sells the coat 100% whereas the store doesn't at all! It looks great with the black ribbed dress and boots and the dark colour lets the pinks from the coat stand out perfectly. Also love the denim shirt used and the accessorising with the bag and the sweet earrings^
And then MeLolitka with the Tulip Sweater really making the most of that stand out colour in this rocker-esque look! The colour goes great with all the leather, especially the furry additions to the jacket and the silver embellishments on the skirt. Love the pairing of the blue socks and strappy sandals, quite perfect with this piece and style =D
Styled Outfits I purchased three items in the end, probably the most minimal from the store. First up is the Tulip Sweater and initially I really liked the shape but now I'm more of a fan of the colour, and this look is very much not what I had in mind for the piece but I'm quite happy with it anyway. The white really lets the blue stand out but the silver definitely ties the two together, I like this necklace filling some of the space over the blue without obscuring it much. Secondly the Cut Out Knit Sweater, which upon styling I realised isn't quite black nor navy, it's a slightly awkward in between colour so I don't think it entirely suits an all black look like what I've gone for, I do however love the cut outs paired with the shape of this jacket, I think they're a good fit and just need a little work to look great! And then my favourite look is the final one using the Suede Mesh Boots. Now I totally don't need another pair of boots but these have a cool slouched style and a cool heel too, I couldn't resist^ I went all black but I made use of a range of materials and textures, love having the looser skirt and the knitted sweater paired with the fringing, I think it helps make the look stand out. Also loved adding this bag to the outfit too which I haven't worn since styling it back at the start of my current challenge =)

No comments:

Post a Comment