f

Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 H O T B U Y R E V I E W

Happy New Years Eve! Tonight is a bit of a special HotBuys post as we decided to do a round-up of our favourite HotBuys of 2016 seeing as 2016 was the first full year of doing the We Wear Hotbuys posts, can you believe it?! That's a whole lot of HBs to look through and a whole lot of different styles and trends and items - so we've each put together a little composition of what we liked, hope you guys enjoy =D

///
sparklewand12
Overall, I think 2016 has been a good year for HotBuys^ I didn't enter the year with the mindset that everything would be great, I think we all know there can be great hits and gems but also some big misses that really get forgotten about, and that definitely applied for this year and I know will also apply for 2017. There are certainly pieces I don't wear and have sold but there are some fabulous items which now hold a dear place in my wardrobe (and sometimes my heart) and I wouldn't be able to do without - I'm sure some of you know the ones I'm meaning as my doll wears them at least a few times a week. I look forward to exploring these pieces more in the next year and getting a whole new dose of HotBuys =D

///
AudreyHepburn.

It’s hard to compose a final opinion of this year’s HotBuys. There has been lots of hits, but certainly lot of misses too! Though the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about what Stardoll offered us this year is the very noticeable increase in the prices - I’ve been moaning about this to Kirsten and Mollie for quite a while, so lets not rant about it now! When I picked my favourite items, I first thought it would be difficult, but it turned out that it was easy. My words above summarise the 2016 year for me HotBuys-wise: lots of lovable big earrings and sunglasses, and lots of printing details, that butterfly coat has a special place in my closet, I really do love it, and I declare it my favourite HotBuy of the year!

///
Miloshki

In true 2016 spirit, I struggled to pick my HotBuys highlights out of my wardrobe! Many have fallen to the wayside because they're not my taste or there was another piece that does it better. That being said, there are a handful of pieces that I have accepted into the inner circle of my wardrobe, mostly for their versatility and their ability to complement some of the trendier, noisier, flash-in-the-pan-ier pieces that I’ve accumulated over time. So there are my favourites of 2016 in HotBuys – it’s been a tumultuous year, but if we can count anything for 2017, it’s Stardoll releasing a Hot Buy or two to lift the spirits (though perhaps not on the scheduled day!)



|||

Hope you guys enjoyed this special post for tonight and I hope you have a great celebration with your friends and family, all the best for 2017^

2 comments:

  1. Hi can I ask what is the brand of the second skirt from the left, the black one with roses? and the zebra print pumps and the black, white and red sandals as well? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, so the skirt was a free item, it's labelled Special Offer, so I suspect it was a gift-o-meter item. The zebra shoes from the same look are from LE. And the sandals were from Spring Surprises, another gift-o-meter.

      Delete