f

Friday 29 July 2016

S P E C T A C U L A R | Release Review

This is a little unusual for me - but I'm doing a Spectacular review! This very seasonal appropriate sunglasses release came out last week (maybe the week before?!) in time for us to dress for the sun! I love the homepage ad, the blue sky pulls you in and the orange is a great bright contrast and catches your eye well - ticks all the boxes for a good advert I'd say =D 
So we got the usual one floor of Spectacular, that means twelve brand new styles of sunglasses to choose between! Choosing was somewhat difficult because of the huge range of colours and designs available with this release, which is great - there really is something for everyone!
The majority of this release are 'inspired by' items, meaning they come from a designer brand that we have, and with something like sunglasses, I think a lot of us like that for Stardoll, I know I do In fact, 9 of the 12 pairs available are 'inspired by' items - so I think I'll start with those^ The 9 pairs are split pretty evenly into printed/patterned and then the more minimal items of just one or two colours. There's two leopard-print-esque pairs, the Dolce Leopardo Shades and Prada Inspired Shades. The first have a more rounded style with the popular square cut top corner, while the second are metal-framed with individual rectangular lenses. Not all styles suit everyone, for me the rounded ones work much better, but I'm sure some of you have noted the opposite^ Then there are the more floraly styled pairs, the OTT Dolce Shades and Fendi Inspired Confetti Shades, and I have to admit, I'm a sucker for both pairs, I think they're great! The Fendi pair have a more cat-eye design, with the print solely in the top corners, which I really like the effect of. I also love the perspex taupe tone of the frames, it's a classic colour which I think will attract a lot of people. The Dolce pair are very much as described, OTT, with their huge frames and rounded lenses with a whole hoard of floral additions. They are pretty large on the doll, but with the right outfit I think they could look amazing! And then the minimal 'inspired by' pieces, of which there are 5 in a decent range of colours and shapes. Within that I'd say there were definitely 3 levels of minimal, starting with the basics, the Chanel Inspired Two Tone Shades with their black frame and orange/brown tinted lenses along with a classic shape. On the next level is a little colour, the Marni Inspired Green Shades in a fresh tone with a cool perspex frame, and the mauve Miu Miu Inspired Shades which have a sleek modern design with hints of metal and cool bottomless frames, these are such a unique pair to have in your collection! And lastly the least minimal of the bunch, the more blue pairs, the Dior Inspired Sky Shades which have mirrored portions to the lenses and the Matthew Williamson Inspired Shades which have a cat ear shape and a different blue streak design across the lens, it's certainly something different to choose for your doll! Quickly the last few pairs, the non-inspired items. I'm really only a fan of one pair, the Monochrome Gradient Shades which are great in the brown/nude tones and I think they suit my doll pretty well. The shape is fairly regular for sunglasses but nevertheless, I think they're a pretty flattering style.
Prices in this release range from 10 to 15SD's and there are a pair in SC's, which is a great inclusion. There's also the typical inclusion of a SS only pair, but this doesn't really bother me much given the huge range available in this store.
And I did some styled outfits for this one! I bought 3 pairs in the end and I've styled two of them today. Firstly the Monochrome Gradient Shades, the SC pair, and I styled in similar brown tones. I think my look is pretty autumn, but sunglasses work all year round^ I really like them paired with the faux fur and I think this is something I'd repeat. Secondly I've styled the Marni Inspired Green Shades and knew immediately I wanted to pair them with this YH dress, the shades are a great match! Kept it a little casual with this sweater, but really liked wearing these sunglasses so I look forward to putting them on again =)
And a couple of features now! Firstly ccaauu1414 also going with the Marni Inspired Green Shades in this slightly retro-styled white based look. The white scarf is a great choice and I think it really helps the green tone of the sunglasses really stand out, in fact they were the first thing I noticed about the look which is exactly what you want!
And secondly MUNCHKIN_XD, who has chosen the Fendi Inspired Confetti Shades. The colouring of these suit her doll very well, especially the hair shade. The patterning of the sunglasses is continued in the outfit with this fruit-printed dress, and I think it works out pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment