f

Friday 8 July 2016

I N S P I R E D B Y D O L C E & G A B B A N A | Tribute Review

Our latest Tribute to the Plaza is Dolce&Gabbana! We've had a couple of these before and in terms of quality and options, I think this might be the best =D Based on the ad, I do feel opulence, however it's not at all sold by the models, I really dislike the choices there and think they don't do any favours for the collection whatsoever, sadly =/ So that doesn't necessarily give great first impressions - let's get a look inside though!
So yeah, there's a huge opulence feeling with this store, which really is added to by the interior, isn't it just beautiful?! The sky is such a pretty colour and I think it's a wonderful inclusion to this store! Again we have three intimately sized floors of clothing to choose from with a huge emphasis on dresses, but this really was to be expected from a tribute such as Dolce & Gabbana! And I feel like we really got all of the aspects that D&G is known for in their typical Italian style designs and themes, so I'm pretty pleased with that from this release.
Quickly starting with accessories, there are three different styles of shoes to choose from, and they really are quite different which is good for us to get the range. The most versatile of wearable are definitely the Diamond Buckle Lace Heels, with both shine and intricate detail, plus a pretty high heel which I think could work in classy looks with jeans or just how styled in the store with pretty designer dresses. Then there are the golden-y tones in the Floral Fantasy Platforms and Golden Fantasy Heels, personally I prefer the second pair of the two with their slight pointed toe and unique heel shape. Then for the bags, which I think stand out very nicely in the store with their very individual designs - there's the DG Books Bag which looks like a little set of novels, very sweet but I think could be styled in a very high fashion way, the larger Fine Black Luggage piece, which although I styled in the male look, I think works nicely for everyone and I think I have a few ideas for this one, then lastly the Golden Chandelier Clutch which is the delicate choice of the bags and is a very pretty piece - plus I can see this one being a popular one! And there are a couple of extras in the accessory category too. I love the Dolce Gabbana Inspired Earrings with their topaz and emerald jewels, two of my favourites. Then there's also the Amore Statement Necklace and the Regal Golden Crown which I've seen being worn quite a lot so this might be a worthwhile piece to have long-term.
So the clothes! There is a huge emphasis on black and floral pieces with this section of the release, which I don't mind at all, I like wearing both! I'll dive in with the majority of pieces, the dresses first this time I think. There are a mix of lengths available but there are quite a few midi choices, which keeps me happy! There's a lot of black but there are colours in the Opulent Red Dress (which has great lace but in a modest way, I like it^) and the Exquisite Fringe Coat (it's not like a coat at all) which is all white and gold. And to stick with gold although on a black base there is the Golden Flight Dress which has a great full skirt, which I think would be a fun one to style. Of the black midi pieces then you can choose between the Rouched DG Wiggle Dress which is plain black but detailed with sheer panels of fabric mainly in the sleeves, or you can choose a little patterning of either a glamorous chandelier with the Chandelier Dress with it's high neck and velvet material (two huge bonus points there) and lastly the Wonderland Velvet Dress which has quite a few details on it which you could choose to focus on in your looks. There are two mini dresses too, which are nevertheless any fitting in the store - the Gold Embellished Cocktail Dress is great for styling out your slightly wilder side, and even almost has a sultry touch to it. Personally though, I'm a bigger fan of the second mini, the DG Daisies Dress which has pretty white flowers stark against the black lace body. The pattern and overall design are both cute and modern and just trying the dress on sells it to me as a piece I should include in my wardrobe! Of course the clothing isn't limited to just the dresses, there are plenty of other choices too. There are a few sets of pieces, and then a few individual items - which I love the Lace Trim Cami, it's a totally stand-alone piece in this collection and is very versatile, in fact it's quite alike to one we had in one of the recent LE collections, so I'm glad to add this one to my little cami collection. Of the sets, I love them both! Firstly there's the Sweet Lace Top and Skirt, in the very popular crop and midi skirt style. The top will be a perfect layering piece for a lot of the sheer items we've had recently, and how can I turn down a greatly designed midi skirt? I was a little unsure of it at first, but one of the features below totally swayed me in its favour! The second set is the Embellished Dolce Blazer and Pants which have great detailing and flowers, and the colours catch your eye as soon as you open the store. The shapes of these two are also cool, they're a little different to classic blazers and trousers which gives a nice change.
Prices of this collection range between 18 and 44Sd's which is pretty average for a Tribute. I didn't feel like anything was outrageously priced or that the price put me off making a purchase - so I don't really have anything to complain about or anything in that respect.
A small selection of styled outfits of the Embellished Dolce Pants - it was great to work with these and I had so many options it was hard to choose three to feature. I really focused on the colours of the trousers for my clothing additions. In my first look I added this awesome off shoulder top (which I'm totally going to do some styled outfits with individually) for a very summery style, and kept the theme with these sunglasses and a cute tiny bag^ My other two looks are very much more autumn/winter, with the middle look going with a red coat, what a great match, and white top including some gold details in the bag which matches the built-in belt of the trousers. And on the right I've gone with a lot of black which lets the flowers stand out but I liked going a little different with the shoes and chose these strapped patent ones - I like it!
And some features finally! I loved seeing how people worked with this collection, I feel like it was a little different and people found it easier to work the pieces into their own styles and with their already owned pieces. This is Eyes.. styling both the Dolce Gabbana Inspired Earrings and Sweet Lace Skirt, and this look really sells the skirt I think. It looks particularly good with the green velvet, and the earrings being the only gold really stand out shining in this styling =)
Miver next, styling the Exquisite Fringe Coat in something quite simple yet, as the name says, exquisite. It works with the simplicity as the dress has great gold details and light feathered fringing. The gold has been continues with the shoes and earrings (these are perfection with the dress!) but I love the stand-out red, it works well and really catches your eye - both the bag and the lips^
Lastly a look from xgiirlx wearing the Lace Trim Cami - and this is exactly what I wanted to see from this piece! It's super versatile and fitted in so nicely with this style, plus it makes me want this coat so I can wear it too, haha! She also styles the Dolce Gabbana Inspired Earrings and they're tied together nicely with the chain necklace. And another look with red lips - it's pretty effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment