f

Tuesday 26 July 2016

F A L L E N A N G E L | Release Review

So this is another release which came out a little while ago - new Fallen Angel! The homepage advert looks pretty cool - it's dark to be in-keeping with the whole store ethos but I think the clothing choices included really pique interest in the release. The models are pretty fitting, but I don't think they entirely add much to the advert, so let's get on with looking inside!
As usual, there's a focus on black colours and different textures, but other styles have definitely not been forgotten in this release for Fallen Angel! And there are a couple of male pieces available too.
A quick start with the accessories and the shoes pretty much win out for me, with a huge interest in two of the three pairs! The Saint Laurent Inspired Sandals are great for summer and have been designed well with a lot of detail which makes a pair of flat shoes very much appealing for me. For something more embellished and decorated there are then the Luxe Embroidered Booties which I think are great for autumnal stylings - we haven't really had many (if any) shoes like this on Stardoll which I think works greatly in their favour and I do hope to see these get a lot of wear! There are two bags with this release, personally I'm not a fan of either - I think the Lovebirds Purse could be better as just a birdcage without the black background, as for me this decreases any versatility the bag could have had. There's also a pair of earrings in the accessories - the Excquisite Skull Earrings, and while they're not really something I would wear, I certainly appreciate the detail that has gone into them, you guys should zoom into them and check it out for yourselves^
So now the clothing! Personally I quite like seeing what the Stardoll designers do with black for this store, because there's always a great variety and I certainly find myself surprised on a few occasions with how much I like some of the pieces which get released into this store. This time there's tops, bottoms, jumpsuits, dresses and outerwear - a little of everything, and that's just the minimal designs of the more 'plain' items, in detailed pieces there are a couple of dresses as well. The first piece that caught my attention was the Lace Insert Jumpsuit. I love the flowing legs and the main attraction, the lace inserts. They're very unique to this piece and I think are a great selling point! Lace has a huge feature in many other items throughout this release, like in the paired Lace Trim Black Shorts and Crop Cami, they're a great set to sell the trimmed detail and I love how it looks. We've had lace trims in items before in the plaza but I still like a cute set and something fresh for the wardrobe. There's also a little lace on the Gothic Drama Onepiece around the neckline which is also made of a velveteen material, something else which makes it appealing. A body is always a good piece to have so this one could be pretty popular from this release. I'll finish off this little 'black base' section with the outerwear, neither is lace, however the Gold Leaf Blazer brings some great golden embellishing to the store. The shape of this piece is also great and it's very fitting to the body - it will look fab in the autumn with a polo-neck I think! And then there's the Stylish Velvet Jacket, which is something I'm on the fence about, not so much a fan of the shape but I think my arm could be twisted by a really good styling of this piece! Then there's the black detailed dresses - the Beautifully Embroidered Dress, which does live up to its name with the detailed embroidery that is on it although to me it's more an autumn to winter transition piece rather than summer to autumn, and then the Embroidered Sheer Kimono, which isn't something that I'd want to purchase, but I'm sure some of you will make awesome looks with it! Now for the remainders! There are two pale skirts, the nude Tulle Sections Skirt with a great midi length and layers and the Fine Feather Skirt which is almost a little shimmery, I can see this one being easy to style in glamorous looks and think it could be a popular piece. There's a bustier, the True Romance Corset, and while I like the muted floral print I'm not so much a fan of the piece. And lastly the Cream And Black Pattern Mini - I like the colours and the print is ok, I just think the shape of the dress could be a little better, a polo would have suited this a lot I think!
Prices for this release range from 12 to 19SD's which isn't all that bad for a regular store release. There's a few pieces in coins and also the regular few SS/Royalty only items - on a whole I'd say not bad really =)
And I made some styled outfits! Firstly the Lace Trim Black Shorts and I tried a summery look with these sandals, but I did very much like this slouched sweater with them^ I stayed minimal on the accessories with this gold-trim clutch and some sunglasses, I think it works well in letting the lace detailing have some light. Then secondly the matching Lace Trim Crop Cami in a little more formal look with this maxi skirt - and again very simple with the accessories but a necklace this time, I quite liked the contrasting chunky feel to it and like the black tie of the gold to tie in with the cami. And my final look with the Luxe Embroidered Booties. For me black skinnies were a go-to item for these and I loved picking out the red colour in them with the use of this jacket. A simple white shirt was all that was needed to finish the look off and again I chose a necklace which really helps fill the white space a little, I like it very much^
A couple of styled outfits now. Firstly Mia1435 who has chosen the Saint Laurent Inspired Sandals and styled them in a street summer look. The sheer skirting of this dress lets all the details of the sandals be seen, and I think they're a great pairing with the bag. The street feel is really emphasised with this jacket, and I think that overall the look ties together very nicely.
And secondly pandaribbon who is styling the Perfectly Sheer Coverup. This piece fits in really well to the look of the sheer purple-hued midi dress, and it really gives versatility to pieces like this. Accessories use a similar purple tone, I think the bag works particularly well here. Plus I love these sunglasses, very chic with a little retro twist^

1 comment:

  1. I love your outfts. My favourite is the second one.
    And wow the features especially pandaribbon. Great styling!

    ReplyDelete