f

Monday 4 July 2016

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Release Review

Last week was our fortnightly Callie's Picks release - themed Precious Metals, which is a total winner even just from the title! I quite like the homepage advert, particularly the background, it's different yet quite pretty and really stands out from previous ones. The models are fine but I don't feel like they add or sell anything about the store.
So two floors with this release and there's a pretty decent amount of clothing and accessories available. I have to say, looking at the floors completely I wouldn't entirely say the store is on theme - not a whole lot of metallics or even key metallic-themed pieces included. There are some great pieces nevertheless, but metals? Not really.
So accessories, there are a lot of bags and shoes in the store but it's pretty sparse on the jewellery front with just the Metal Hardware Necklace. Actually on the shoe-front there's a really good mix of pairs with a whole lot of styles and colours covered. There are a couple of metal shades, gold in the Gold Sandals which are a great low cost option, and more silver with the Shoes Silver (those gladiator style heeled sandals) and the Chanel Silver Boots which are a cute and great addition to this release. I love their style and can see them being worn in quite a few ways, I'm especially looking forward to working on them with some trousers, I think it's a style which could work out nicely. There are quite a few pairs of shoes with black in them too, the Metal Plate Heels, Flamenco T-Strap Heels, Stacked Summer Heels and Silver Detail Heels - so there's something for you if you aren't a fan of the shiny shoes^ There are quite a range of bags, although I'm not feeling my eye catch anything particularly special, but if you are interested in Tributes, you can pick up the YSL Satin Purse which has a nice silver shade and is a pretty good size too.
And the clothing next. As I said, there's a good variety of items in the store, I'm pleased with the mix really. Starting with the dresses, this is where the expensive pieces lie in the Controversy Dress ('Aint Laurent Without Yves') and the Tulle Shingle Gown. The other styles are all shorter in length, good for the summer. There are two darker pieces, which both have great shapes. I like the skirt fringe on the Hammered Silver Dress, which I think would look good as a skirt on its own. And the patterning and lace detail on the Dress Inspired By Christopher Kane is very stylish but has a pretty element - my only qualm is the shape on the doll isn't quite working out for me, is this an issue for everyone? In the lighter coloured shorter dresses I like the Elie Saab Insp Silver Dress. The one shoulder style and the small side split look cool and I like the slightly fuller look to the skirt part - I think this might be a popular one! There are quite a few neutral styled trousers in this release, a lot of blacks and greys and whites really! I don't mind this at all! I already have the High Waisted Leg Trousers, but they're a pretty good piece to have, then there's also the High Waisted Pants which are a great style to have as it's a pretty easy one to style. I'm super glad I could get the Gray Silk Trousers - these have been on my wishlist for quite some time! I love the slouchy-ish shape to them along with their rolled hems, I'm super excited to style these for you^ The High Waisted Gloss Trousers also stand out with their very nice blue shade and slight shine, I'm just not so sure about them with my style. There's not too many tops or outerwear pieces, but I'm pleased with what is on offer! I love both coats on offer - the Extra Long Club Blazer and the Patchwork Sheen Jacket, both items I've been after. They're both great pieces and very much standout pieces for looks with individual styles and designs.
Prices for this release range between 4 and 30SD's, but there really are only one or two items above the 20SD mark. I think the prices are pretty right for what the items are, and there's a couple of coin items available too.
And now my looks! They've ended up looking a lot more autumn/winter than I intended, which seems to be happening a lot lately. So firstly the Extra Long Club Blazer, it has this great line design on one side and I wanted to be sure that stood out so a white base helped with that, and I really wanted to go with a skirt/dress with it as I think it's a great summer jacket. The only colour I added was in the clutch bags - what a cute combination, can't wait to play with this again! Secondly I met my trouser requirement with these Chanel Silver Boots. I really liked using this grey knit to bring out the silvery tones but stuck with a dark jacket to let them have the spotlight. Next time, a dress for these boots! And lastly, probably my favourite piece of the collection, the Gray Silk Trousers. I had 3 or 4 looks which worked well with these so hopefully I'll get to showcase them at some point, but I loved the darker grey with this top, and it has all it's own details in that collar so I didn't feel like it needed much more in terms of accessories. Stuck with the metallic theme in my shoes but also the little Chanel logo on the bag - this is a look I'm very much loving right now =D
And a couple of quick features for you. Sasha.Fisaeva is styling both the High Waisted Pants and the Seeing Daisies Blouse in a pretty cool street-style look. I love the accessories of the hat and belt bag, which work with these trousers so well, along with the strapped heels, such a good move^
And then millaxx working the High Waisted Gloss Trousers incredibly well! They're a great fit with this white top and bag combination and she's looking pretty cool with those glasses and that styled back hair, I really love this one - but does it convince me these trousers are a good move for me? Hmm!

1 comment:

  1. I am very glad that you like my outfit, and you add me to your article.

    ReplyDelete