f

Wednesday 20 July 2016

E P I P H A N Y | Release Review

It's been a few weeks now, but we recently got a brand new Epiphany release into the Plaza! The homepage advert is very funky and fresh, it's got a modern vibe that isn't always exuded from the adverts, but I think it works in showing off the collection and gives a good idea of the range available to purchase =)
There are two floors to this release and a pretty good mix of items available and in numerous different styles. There's a bit of an ethnic feel with feathers and braids included, I quite like this and these pieces are great for achieving a summer-boho-festival vibe for your doll =)
I'll start with the headpieces, where you've got quite a range of options although I'd definitely try the pieces out with different hairstyles because I think they'll all work well with different ones! The first piece which stood out to me was the Pure Gold Headband, it's just a big chunk of metal, what more could I ask for?! I love metals and I think this piece will look good when you're accenting looks with little bits of metals here and there. The Romantic Mesh Headband is definitely the prettiest piece of the collection and lives up to the 'romance' in the name - it's intricate and those pearls look beautiful! Then there are two braided styles, the Twisted Beads Hairband and Woven Feather Hair Accessory, although these aren't pieces I'd choose to buy, I'm sure someone will love them for their own doll and style. Next onto the earrings, of which there are again 4 pairs to choose from - these weren't my favourite aspect of the release, but one pair did catch my eye, the Bright Fringe Earrings in their brilliant blue colour! The size and styling of them is great, I just wish they had a longer attachment to the ear so they sat a little lower on the doll than right at the face. There are a few makeup pieces in this release, but they didn't add anything to the store in my opinion, so I'm not going to discuss them in this review.
And lastly the main attraction - all those necklaces! There is a lot of gold featured in them - but I love gold so that's no problem at all, I know some of you won't be such big fans! There's also a mix of long and short pieces. I prefer the shorter pieces, but it's all personal choice - the one long piece I knew I wanted immediately was the Isabel Marant Inspired Knot Necklace. It's a fairly minimal piece but I think it's an effective accessory for many different looks. Of the rest of the necklaces a few different ones caught my attention. Firstly the Golden Planetary Necklace which has great blue gems and I think could look stunning in the right look, I'm just not sure I am the one to pull it off! Then I loved the two main gold pieces - the slightly more minimal Golden Eyelet Necklace which I think is one of the more versatile pieces of this collection, and then also the more detailed OTT Boho Necklace which is styled with a lot of hoops and coins. I just need to remember these when styling looks because it's so easy to forget about what's in the Beauty Parlor when you have choices in your closet.
Prices range from 7 to 15SD's, which I think is pretty good for Epiphany and a jewellery release. With the huge range in the store I don't think many people will be looking to purchase a lot of the items, so overall this probably won't be breaking the bank for you!
So some styled outfits from this release and I'm very pleased with how these turned out! Firstly the Pure Gold Headband, and I tried out several hairstyles and found this to be a good fit for it! I stuck with gold for the most of the look and made a few black accessory choices - I like this styling for both the dress and the headband! Then secondly the Isabel Marant Inspired Knot Necklace and I stuck with something pretty minimal and a white shirt to let the piece stand out a little, but not too much by adding these black culottes. Added some more yellow in the bag and a small gold detail in the shoes. For me a short hairstyle worked a lot better with this piece, I'm happy with this choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment