f

Sunday 14 October 2012

Yellow!

Just want to do a bit of a colour-focus post here, and it's on one of my new found favourite colours - yellow!
It's a fab colour as it's so bright, you can't help but smile when you see it. A lot of people will try and veer away from it, but I love styling with yellow, I think it's a lot easier to style than you'd think! It goes well with many other colours and can be combined in a small way in an outfit to really make it look that little bit different =)
Some of my favourite styled outfits posts have included yellow too - I wore this outfit for about 3 days straight!
Recently I've found a bit of a lack of good yellow accessories though - I need some more bags and shoes!

Today I was asked to style a girl to help spend her 100 SD's from Stardoll, and one of the looks I came up with was this: 
I wanted to feature yellow in a more chic-fashionable way rather than casual, so I decided to use this off-yellow tube top from Killah. I paired it with classic items(the trousers and cardi), added some simple courts and then went for yellow in the accessories. The different shades of yellow work here because they're not clashy and they're not in close proximity of each other - overall, a fairly good 'yellow' styling I think =)

There are so many twists you could take with yellow for your outfits, it's unbelievable how many combinations you'll come up with!

And to finish off, here's a little tune I hope you'll enjoy =D


Have a favourite yellow styling? Send me a link in comments =)

Love K xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have used yellow many times, it's one of my favorite colors for clothes!
    Here I have a link from my album of a few yellow stylings that I could find - but there were many more that I haven't saved!
    http://i45.tinypic.com/vevpe.png
    I'm sorry for how bad they are put together, I didn't have time to crop out the background or anything. And on the last one the top of the head is chopped off, it's a photo so I can't do anything about that!
    Maria/mgirl07

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought of using yellow in my wardrobe as I always thought it was to adventurous for me. I then went to Miss Sixty and bought the yellow maxi dress you have featured and I have now fell in love with it! I think it will be such a lovely and bright colour to wear during the cold winter months! Thank you Kirsten for this blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete