f

Monday 4 August 2014

LE Styled Outfits - P A R T 3

The final set of stylings from the latest LE collection - the outerwear-ish pieces that I purchased =) I have to say that I immediately thought these two pieces would be popular, the Dallas Fringe Vest and the Electra Fringe Shawl, and although I didn't keep up with how fast pieces were selling, I do think the shawl went pretty quickly. They cost 130 and 125 SD's respectively, which is probably about right/average for these style of pieces from LE. I haven't actually seen anyone wearing these pieces much, just the odd person here or there, so hopefully this post might give people a little boost to have styling them a go! Both pieces, like the dresses I purchased and styled a little while ago, are inspired by Zadig & Voltaire and I have to say, I styled them very differently - in fact looking over them now, I doubt I could have styled them more differently if I'd tried, going for white instead of black!
So firstly the Vest. I knew almost immediately that I wanted to wear this skirt with it, no idea why, I just did! So I stuck with the lacey/delicate theme and chose this Dior top, which I'm kinda pleased with because since buying it I've been on the lookout for different ways to style this top without using the matching skirt, I also love the deep emerald of the vest with the pink of the flower. Accessorised simply with just white chunky heels, but I could have easily gone for something more elegant. The second look runs a little more on the theme the vest seems to run with by going with the Nelly white ripped jeans, then sticking with a simple sheer white cami (StarDesign). Very glad I used these heeled booties (It Girls), I've been waiting to get them into a look since purchasing them! Then went a bit grungier (is that even a word?!) with the Chanel clutch and Saint Laurent chain necklace. And although these outfits are very similar in colour scheme, I love the big style difference between the two and it's really highlighted the versatility of the piece to me =)
Now the Shawl, a piece I loved at first sight, haha! I did buy it quite quickly without thinking about how to style it, so that worry did pop into my head for a little while, but it's definitely gone now with these two stylings. I went for my typically obligatory all white look first with skinnies and blouse, I think pretty much everyone who owns these two items will have worn them together at some point! Added simple white sandals and then used this Hotbuys bag, a piece I love using and really don't see being used a lot - definitely a challenge for you guys there! For the second look I went uber simple, and did kinda cheat a little - I wore this, minus shawl, one day last week - but hey, it's a great dress! Also added the PPQ chain necklace and black heels. Having managed to put together those looks with the shawl pretty quickly, I have no doubt that I'll end up wearing it often in the autumn probably at least twice a week in different combinations!
And that's it! The end of my stylings of the new(ish) LE collection! Sorry it took so long, but the Commonwealth Games have been here for over the past and I've been busy watching and cheering my favourite sportsmen and women - and the closing ceremony last night? KYLIE KYLIE KYLIE! I love Kylie, she sang all the best songs^^^ And I may or may not have teared up during Caledonia, it was a perfect way to round it up!
{Zadig & Voltaire images from style.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment