f

Monday 26 October 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | October 2019

I can't believe these October HBs are already a year old, time has passed so quickly! These pieces really weren't my style at the time, and that hasn't changed at all, I'm not the October 2019 HB's biggest fan. However, there are a couple of pieces I picked up and have kept, mainly from the accessories - no, not those boots which I think I could never wear, but the bags are both pretty decent pieces on their own. I will start by saying the Cat Eye Sunglasses have been one of my all-time favourite pieces to wear this past year, I've included them in stylings too many times to count, they have been so great in my collection^ Today I'm styling the Belt Bag and the Silver String Bag:
The colour of green of the bag isn't my favourite, but I don't find it too tricky to style - I quite like the mismatch between it and the colour of the trousers, they definitely add a smart vibe to the look. I added black to keep it more Autumnal, but also the black ties in with the base of the bag, so I think it works quite nicely. I think it's a solid Autumn look, I think the green adds a twist as it's definitely not the most popular Autumnal colour. For the second bag I love highlighting the silver in it, however I'm definitely limited on how many silver pieces I have to pair with it. I really wanted this to work, but I don't think it's quite right! I really like this pair of velvet trousers with the bag, the colours are very nice together and I think the purple leopard sparkly shoes are a good fit too. The top half of the outfit has lost its way, the black is a little overwhelming to the purple tones - but oh well, you win some you lose some!

No comments:

Post a Comment