f

Friday 30 October 2020

Folk A R C H I V E | Styled Outfits

Following on the theme from Wednesday of 'better late than never' in the Folk Archive release last month I did actually pick up a couple of pieces to style - I really quite liked the vibes of both the Marie Curie Black and White Blouses, while the styles were typical for their time, they're really having a bit of a come back in current trends so I thought I would give them a go!
I found both of these blouses super easy to style, and they definitely don't keep their older style origins when styled with more modern and different pieces - which was something I'd definitely worried about. The details at the collar aren't as clear on the Black as the White Blouse, and with the cool puff-shoulder design I really felt I couldn't add any jackets or layers because these need to be shown off! For the first look I decided to add a polo layer beneath, which I think brings another element to the piece, then I kept the rest of the look in black to really give a sleek look, this totally makes the attention at the sleeves. I added a belt to cover the detail there on the piece (I don't like it so much), and used gold in the rest of the accessories for a classic style combination. In the second styling it's super light, and I think that helps with clarity in the details of the piece. I kept a similar smart vibe to the look with these trousers, I really like their colour paired with white, it's a fresh tone for the Autumn for sure^ I kept the rest of the accessories in white, and with this there are so many options to choose from. I added a necklace too, the dainty design of this piece looks good with the collar design, I think it's a super cute pairing =D

No comments:

Post a Comment