f

Sunday 24 November 2019

S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review

It's Subcouture weekend! I love these releases, as there's the special quality that they're limited, but there's a little time to really think about the pieces which you want or not. I like the effect of the minimal style of the advertising, it draws me in for sure^
Highlights The release has two floors with 9 outfits in total, including one for the guys. There is a more street-style and casual vibe to the pieces which I like for the current season and trends. I also like the more muted colour scheme with the flashes of colour, I think it makes for an effective collection.
Accessories There are just bags and shoes for accessories, I don't mind so much as I like the choice that we have with these. There are 3 bags to pick from, I'm really leaning towards the shoulder bags, the Green Leather Bag which is a structured box bag in an army green colour and the Metallic Shoulder Bag which is black with two bag parts to it with some really nice intricate details - both look good on the doll and are great for the Autumn season, plus aren't really things we've had something like before. In terms of shoes there is a focus on boots, with 4 pairs available, I totally love the Flower Boots, these are right up my street with the neutral base and the bold red/orange flower print, perfect to stand out in outfits! And there are also a pair of trainers, the Yellow Sneakers which are in the popular chunky bold colour style, as a fan of yellow these naturally catch my eye with the bright yellow and red sections to them, they look pretty good^
Clothing The winners of the clothing in this release are really the bottomhalf pieces, great options from the trousers and skirts this time! The Melange Trousers are a great pair of trendy trousers, the fit is current with a loose style, and the colour is great for the upcoming Winter. Midi skirts are still going strong with the Pleated Skirt in a fabulous yellow and the Asymmetrical Pleated Skirt which has a flared style to it with a nice panelled section in blue - I really love both pieces, they'll be great for fun Winter stylings! I like the idea of a navy knitted midi dress, but the large open sections of the Cut Out Bodycon Dress are offputting, which is a little of a shame. I'm a little on the fence about the Yellow Fringe Coat, I do love yellow, and the overcoat style is really great and fits the doll very nicely but I'm just not 100% convinced about something with it, just not sure what - I need convincing! And of course the advertising for the store completely sold me on the Oversized Pullover, really love the colour for something a little different to what we're used to, and love the chunky knitted style to the piece. While it's a sweater and layers nicely, it also works well as a dress, so there's a few options for it too^
Prices This release ranges from 14 to 36SD's which is pretty average for Subcouture. The release is limited in terms of this weekend only, until midnight on Monday 25th. There are some SS-only items in this release, but the majority is available for everyone.
Styled Outfits I bought quite a few pieces from the release and I look forward to wearing everything! First up the Flower Boots styled super minimally with beige so the colour really pops out, I love that - but there are also plenty of other options for them! I matched my bag to them too, love bringing this piece out again for sure, it works really nicely =) Second up pairing the Melange Trousers and the Yellow Sneakers, these trousers are very versatile there are so many dressed up or down options for them. I picked out my colours based on the trainers, with yellow and red there are plenty of options for accessories, I couldn't resist choosing some of my favourites^ And finally the Oversized Pullover and the Metallic Shoulder Bag in what I think is my favourite look of this set. I layered up the sweater with a navy dress, because navy is such a dreamy combination with this sweater. And also navy boots, love getting to wear these too! I like the bag with this sweater for the jewels on it, they're a pretty good colour fit with that of the sweater - I'll definitely repeat this combination =D
Features And a couple of features, first up ajenkam styling the Oversized Pullover - wearing it over trousers was my next outfit choice for this one^ The black makes a big contrast, but I think it works well and the accessories are very nicely chosen with the gold detail on the boots and the design on the bag breaking up the colour a bit - totally love it!
And then we have Lawliet. wearing the Puff Jacket and maybe convincing me I should try this out! I like the mixing of the textures, the velvet-style to the jacket looks great against the leather of the trousers and boots, and the shirt hems add a softer touch overall. Love the sleek accessorising here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment