f

Sunday 21 December 2014

N E L L Y | Release Review

December has brought a brand new Nelly collection - ready for party season I think! And the ad from the homepage just screams that at us with the glimmer and glam and gold, plus the fabulous look that the model is donning!
The two new(ish) floors are packed with items - new shoes and bags along withe a good selection of dresses and tops and bottoms for our dolls to choose from! There are also a couple of SS only items in this release, but I don't feel like they take away much from the collection for nonSS's, so far I haven't felt the need to buy a membership just for these items! Prices range from 9 to 28 SD's, with only a couple of items reaching the top end of the scale - pretty average for a Nelly collection I'd say, plus the items are generally always wearable, so we're getting out money's worth here =)
I loved going through these floors and choosing items to buy, although I was finding it getting expensive, so in my first look through I did limit myself to what I bought, however now I'm considering going back to pick up a few more pieces to add to my haul.
The Distressed BF Jeans stood out to me immediately, and I knew I had to have them - I was able to quickly style them into 3 looks, hopefully showing their versatility:
It barely took me a few minutes to think of items to pair with these jeans, and there will be hundreds more out there. At 20SD's I do think they are rather pricey for the store, but if you're happy to make the spend, I'd say they are worth the splurge =D
I also picked easily from the accessories and happily purchased the High Heeled Slim Boots and the Decorated Sandals, which seemed to fall together into my first look below:
Jumping back to clothing, I also quickly put together 2 further looks, the second with the Twisted Luxury Top, coming in at 15SD's which is super fun but also pretty formal, this is the sort of thing I'd wear to a work Christmas party, it's dressed up but not serious (think I kinda conveyed that in my look)! The last outfit there uses the Chunky Polo Sweater - and I think I'm trying to let you know that I don't only wear black here, haha! But this look is pretty casual winter, I love the sweater with white jeans, and I think this combination is easy to find coloured pieces to go with. I went for pink, but you could go for anything!

Styled something from this release? Send me a pic in the comments! xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the look and the idea of the ankle boots and the sandals!!! BRAVO!

    mirdith

    ReplyDelete