f

Monday 29 December 2014

D & G | Tribute Review

Bit of a surprise today with this D&G Tribute release! Wasn't expecting it at all, but I definitely was looking forward to seeing the pieces once I found out that it was coming =) Love the homepage ad, it just has a vibe that draws you into it and made me excited to visit the store!
So we had three floors of items, although the first is just to showcase the main dress of the collection - the Alta Moda Gown (at 45SD's, this dress is the priciest of the collection). The other floors have a variety of tops, bottoms, dresses and accessories, including a male outfit. I think there is a good range, although there are other items from the real collection that I might have preferred a little more, which led to me only buying a couple of pieces. Accessories were a little of a let down for me this time - usually I'll buy a few things but this time I didn't really like anything. I'm not sure if it's just me, but none of the shoes or bags seemed to be that well made (the Knight Boots aren't actually that bad though, a good styling of them could persuade me!)
Despite it being winter and just wanting to dress my doll up warmly, I do really like the shorts and skirts of the collection, especially the Brocade Skirt - it can easily be styled into a winter look, but I can ultimately see it being an all-year-round piece! Although dresses having a prominence, the one coat is fabulous - the Fox Cape comes in at 36/32SD's and I can really see it being a popular purchase from this release! I bought it almost immediately and look forward to styling mine up. Its' real version is very nice, but I think Stardoll have done a great job coming up with one inspired by it =)
Prices overall range from 13 to 45 SD's, with only the one dress at that top end. I think these are as expected really, and about average - I just seemed to have picked the more expensive pieces, and even though I only bought a handful it cost around 100SD's!
This is very much not 'me' but I surprisingly loved this dress | Sicilian Traditional Lace Dress
Adore this shirt, but it would look amazing with the skirt that it was paired with in the real collection! | Flower Embroidered Top

What are your opinions on the collection? Got a favourite piece that you've styled? Let me know in the comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment