f

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Styling Shoes Challenge #3 | Bow Sandals

So #3 of the challenge, and this time I styled the Bow Sandals from It girls which were released in the early spring this year. I bought them pretty quickly because of their velvet style texture and their chunky platform heel, however have been struggling to style them for a while - what better a time than the present to give that a go, eh! I was going to show some variety and include a dress or a skirt with my stylings, however I was just going to use a white one and that would look a little boring, so I will say they go great with white or pale dresses! My looks here are focused on trousers/jeans and I think ankle grazers or a slightly higher hem look great so you can really use that bow.
For my first look I ended up choosing these baby pink HotBuys jeans from Pretty 'n Love, I love the colour with the burgundy of the shoes, I think they play off each other really well and aren't your typical red and pink combination. The rest of the outfit was kept simple with a loose cream blouse (Pet-a-Porter Clothes Horse 2012) and this amazing cream Givenchy bag. 
Next I chose a basic essential of everyones closet - black leggings! These ones are from Nelly but there are plenty out there to choose from. With this one I also finally got around to using this top/wasitcoat/dress/coat thing that was released in Callie's Picks a while ago - I've always been unsure how to style it, do I wear it as a dress with nothing underneath on the bottom half? Can I wear something underneath on the top half? All these questions I had no idea how to address but I've finally settled on bottom half underneath with this! I really like this actually, not sure I went with the right bag choice in choosing Dior Couture, however it's something I could see being worn as an everyday look but could look great in the evening for a more casual event =)
For my final look I went immediately for these HotBuys ripped jeans {At the time of writing these are still available in the Plaza in the It Girls store} - if anyone has been on my suite the past week, you might not have seen me out of these, I love love love them so much!!! Went for a classic combination really with the breton top (Decades, SC's - Bazaar for this one I'm afraid) and Nelly Medley Jacket along with one of my current favourite necklaces (I think I must use it in at least on Styled Outfit every post just about!)

Much longer description with this post of the challenge - oops! And I tried to include more links of the things that you can get in the Plaza still, do you guys like this addition to the blog? I'm the only one which does it, so I like this little unique touch we have here at The Stardoll Lookbook =) What do you guys think of the looks? Which do you like best? And what do you think of the shoes now? Comment below!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the first and third looks!
    I'm still not a fan of the bow sandals, but on you they look good. I love the addition, it makes it easy for us in case we decide to purchase something because of you :)
    You do a great job on here, I love it

    xx
    mirdith

    ReplyDelete