f

Friday 17 December 2021

R U N W A Y | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Brand new RUNWAY hit the Plaza a couple of weeks ago - and alike the previous release, this collection isn't limited by number of pieces, however it does still retain that 'limited' price tag. So pieces aren't too cheap in this release, which is a bit of a shame as I'd be tempted to give more items a try if they were more affordable. Anyway, this release is quite fun, with some bold colours and designs across the 8 looks on offer. The designs in this collection won't be for everyone but I've spotted a couple of pieces that are hugely popular so far, and even I've managed to buy a couple of things that I'm excited to style!
A couple of features to start off, both styling the Lace Gloves Top - this first one is from an absolute queen of styling, DIORian, who layers incredibly well and has such a great flair! This skirt is such a great fit for the top, the colours and designs are great together. The layering of skirting is super cool here, love the sheer delicate detailed piece underneath for a maxi length. And the leather black boots make a good balance in colour with the gloves, as do the added black accessories in the belt and glasses. Look at all those jewels! The necklaces are super cool and work well against the gold details on the skirt^ Such a fun creative styling =D
Also with the Lace Gloves Top is Fergaysson, someone else who never goes wrong with stylings, another perfect way to style this piece! Again, these trousers are a great fit for the top, the colour is great and the simple design highlights the details on the top. I love the black belt choices, these two layered are great and I love the metallic vibe in the top one, which also works well with the clutch bag, it's a really great piece in this styling, a fabulous choice^ The gold shoes and little golden earrings are perfect finishing touches, so much love for this outfit too! 
And for my stylings - I love the idea of the Lace Gloves Top especially after those features, but I would really prefer the piece if the lace gloves were separate, for me it makes it too difficult to style in my preferred way, so I'll be passing on this piece. I'm a little tempted by the Satine Jacket, it looks amazing and something quite different, and of course also the White Satine Skirt but I do have some similar pieces to this already. But onto what I did get! First up the Pyton Sandals which I thought were a super cute mule-style shoe. I love the snake print, the low chunky heel and the little gold detail at the front. For styling I wanted to highlight the tan on the inside of the heel, and this bag makes for a super cute pairing. With the focus there I wanted the clothes to be minimal, beige is my go-to and it never fails - simple but effective^ I added more gold with the earrings, I'm just lacking the perfect thin gold belt for this styling, I think I'll need to search the Plaza and Bazaar for one! Then I also picked up the Lace Skirt which I think is just so glamorous, I was a little worried about styling such a sheer piece but I couldn't resist the beauty of it and decided I could be up for the challenge. I've gone all black, and I think there will be many combinations of tops and accessories that will work well for this piece. To combat the sheer element I've added a thicker pair of black tights and also a black body, I'm quite happy with the outcome of that combination and it definitely helps the skirt be more wearable. I added a little silver in the accessories, but I think this piece has the potential to be next level glamorous - I just need to build the confidence for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment