f

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Hot HotBuys



So was planning on doing a little review of the Hot HotBuys/this years advent calendar at the halfway point, but I was suuuper busy, so a couple of days late isn't too bad! 

The above image displays my 3 purchases so far - normally I end up buying quite a lot of items from the calendar, but this year I just haven't found that a lot of the items are to my taste. And I think they are quite expensive for what a lot of the things are, for example, the Tartan Dress above cost 17SD's, which I think is quite steep for a basic dress, but I love tartan so couldn't turn it (or the trousers) down for a second! 
So far I've only worn the dress (some of you might have seen it if you visited my suite around the time it was released), but haven't quite gotten around to styling the other two pieces I have bought from the releases so far.
I think the tartan cropped trousers are really cute, but for me the style is much more spring/autumn rather than winter, so I think I'm kinda saving them for a few months - they'd look fab with a white shirt or blouse, and even maybe a really nice coat. With these I think heels a a must! Safe bet would be black or white, but silver or navy could come out looking great too.
The gold heels are a perfect winter staple - great for parties (I actually have a pair of gold heels in RL, wore them to a party last week!) and look fabulous with dresses. For me it has to be something with one main colour and little detail, but that's just me I guess - but I can see me styling them on my doll with the white dress from Stardoll And The City (we all know the one, I wear it too often!), but I'd like to try styling them down too, with some jeans or trousers, and I think they could be a great accessory to a perfect winter outfit =)

How have you guys been finding these Hot HotBuys?