f

Saturday 9 March 2024

Y O U N G H O L L Y W O O D | Styled Outfits

Apologies it's a bit late, but finally getting to styling the pieces from the Young Hollywood Golden Globes inspired release. I was very kindly gifted a number of pieces from a friend as I got to the release a little too late for any pieces to be left - hopefully I do the items justice! I have two more dresses left so maybe you will see them styled on my doll soon. First up are the Barry Jacket and Barry Necklace - firstly I adore this necklace, it's a beautiful delicate piece and I know I will wear it a lot. The jacket is definitely a unique piece, but I love the combination of the bold red and the checks - I think it will make for a lot of fun looks. I think I went fairly simple with the pieces for this look, but I wanted it to be about making the red pop, and that works nicely. The white clothes make a good base, but the blouse brings in a little gold pin at the neckline to add to the necklace and details on the jacket, then I added more red accessories - I had really forgotten about this bag and I think it's absolutely perfect here^ Next up is the Elisabeth D Dress which has such a pretty neutral pink/stone colour vibe to it, and I think that suits my doll really nicely. I didn't really want to hide any of this gown so I focussed on accessories - the only thing I could not decide on was a necklace, I just didn't have anything that fitted the colour perfectly, however I do think I found great earrings in this pink and gold pair, and I also think this McQueen bag is just absolute perfection with the dress, these two pieces were made for each other! And the final piece I styled up is the Julia Dress - I am all about those all-over sparkles^ I wanted to try out more of an 'outfit' with this piece, and I think it was a good option for it because I have quite a few silver sparkly bits to add. I think that while this top wasn't a perfect tone match for the silver, I think it still works well, and the two tone silver idea is really growing on me! Accessorising was easy apart from the bag, I didn't want to go too over the top, but I still needed something that fitted, I think I've found a good happy medium with this choice, but I think I can still do better^

1 comment: