f

Wednesday 28 February 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y A L E X A N D E R M C Q U E E N | Styled Outfits

After posting my review of the Inspired By Alexander McQueen tribute store, finally getting around to sharing my looks - and I am super excited about these! I loved working with these pieces and found them both fun and easy, I'm super happy with this as the first release of the Tribute season. First up is the Embroidery Dress, which I think will make for some great Summer stylings, but I've gone in a more Winter to Spring transition look with a long sleeve layered underneath. The red colour of this one is perfect with the embroidery threads on the dress. I stuck with red for all the accessories, I particularly love these boots with the look^ Next are the Military Trench Coat and Armadillo Bow Boots. This isn't the perfect look to show off the boots, but I wanted to get as many pieces into these stylings as possible. But I Kept it super simple with just black additions to this coat, the more dress style design does make it difficult to style beyond accessories. I'm really happy with these choices and I really love the simplicity of the look showing off those design details on the coat. And the third look here includes the Funnel Neck Knit Jumper and Exploded Victorian Jewel Knuckle Clutch and I am in love with this styling! The bag is more silver but I was seeing pink vibes in it so knew I wanted to get pink into the look with it - and I think the black and baby pink contrast is super eye-catching. I kept it simple and balanced, with the black boots against the sweater then this fabulous pink pearl necklace - this is a look I would easily wear day after day^
And for some darker stylings in the next three outfits. First here are the Black And Gold Dress and Drop Down Earring which I think are fantastic with each other, the gold of the earring matches that on the dress really perfectly. I was torn about what direction to go with because I wanted to add a lot more gold but also keep it simple - I did struggle to find perfect gold accessories to match the gold on the dress, so opted for a more simple look. I added a navy top underneath for a more Winter look without the shoulder gaps, then also used tights, but I really like the balance of gold with these shoes^ Next is the Black Knots Dress, which I am still convinced is navy - so I paired it with navy! I love the look with this navy knit beneath it, really the two are so great together, I'm super pleased with the pairing. I kept with navy in these sheeny boots and love the vibe they add to the look. I'm super excited to wear this dress again already. And the final piece is the Leather Bustier Skirt and actually I came up with quite a few options for this piece, so it's got really nice versatility to it. The colour is a dark grey, so I really liked trying out other greys with it, this sweater tucked in with a black polo underneath is a super cute option. Accessorising was simple in black, but really there were so many options I could have gone for. Again, this is another piece I'm looking forward to styling another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment