f

Thursday 11 November 2021

A N K L E B O O T S | Styling Shoes

One thing I always think about when considering Autumnal-based stylings are ankle boots, they're such a popular shoe choice for the season and one that we've had quite a lot of choice with in the Plaza over the years - I've definitely taken advantage of this because I have a ridiculous number of pairs in my wardrobe! So today I decided to style up 6 pairs of ankle boots in some fun Autumnal stylings. First up are the Open Everyday Heel (Bizou) which are pretty fun in their design with the split at the front, which is definitely something that attracted me to these boots. I love the cream colour, it's easy to work with, and I kept some of the cream tones in my outfit with these sweet printed trousers, I think the two are very nice together. I used the brown/orange tone of the print to choose the rest of the pieces in my look, it's super Autumnal which is exactly what I was wanting! These boots will look great with skirts/dresses too, I definitely need to use this as a reminder to wear them more often. Next are the Flower Boots (Subcouture) which I think I've never worn before, I love the cool printed design in a great red tone, but they're definitely a pair of boots that need some thinking about to style. I'm so pleased that I tried out these bright trousers with them, the colour matches perfectly with the printing and I just love the pairing! I was a little stuck with the rest of the outfit, I stuck with neutral colours as to keep the focus with the boots and I think it works nicely, but I also think there's more potential here. And the third pair are the Hotbuys Lace Up Boots (Original Future) which I think are super cute and are also a great Spring/Summer boot - the white keeps them super light and I love having the lace-up detail shown off. I kept with a cropped length to highlight that feature, these orange trousers are just great for this season. Again super neutral with the rest of the look, but it works nicely for the boots, I particularly like this overcoat with the boots, that makes a very nice pairing I think.
Then we have some darker stylings, maybe a little more Winter-orientated than the first Autumnal looks. First here are the LE Herringbone Booties (LE) which I styled up quite recently so really made an effort to wear them differently, and I think I'm pretty pleased with the outcome for these. I kept the base of clothing white so the boots and their detail really pop, I love that and I think it works very nicely - the style of these trouser works well with the boots. I'd love an espresso coat that matches the boots perfectly, but I think this oversized overcoat is a good alternative and works with the white clothing too. I struggled with a bag a bit, I don't think this is a perfect choice, so there's some room for improvement there! Next up are the Ankle Lace Boots White (BASICS), which are a great affordable pair that everyone can make use of, and they're pretty cute too. I went with the beige/brown tones and I think it works well to show off these shoes, the trousers are a complementary colour and the length is perfect to see the lace-up details. This matching top is great in colour and adds a little detail to the look with the ruffles on the sleeves which I didn't want to cover with a jacket. Kept the accessories simple, I think the small gold touches work well with the colours of the look =) And the final pair, the Hotbuys Backless Boots (Fallen Angel) which I really love the style of. I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do with these, but it's not quite worked out how I imagined - but it's a start and I can work on it next time! I wanted to use navy and black, but I think this pleated skirt colour isn't quite right for what I had though, but I love the midi skirt style with the boots. The overcoat and chunk knit keep a Winter vibe to the look, along with the fitting accessories for the styling. Not my favourite, but I'm glad I tried it out to know it wasn't what I was wanting =)

1 comment: