f

Sunday 29 August 2021

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Revisited 26-27

I loved doing last weekend LE Revisited post featuring the pieces I have from the first 25 LE collections, so I decided already to style up some of the next releases! Turns out I loved the 26th and 27th collections (November 2015 and February 2016) a lot, enough to have a post solely for those as I still have many pieces from these collections. There's a few pieces I'd love to find in the Bazaar from these collections too, so I'll be hitting up the LE category to see what I can add to my wardrobe =)
First up are the Sienna LE Crepe Pants (26th Collection), and I think it's very possible that I've never worn these since styling up the release back in 2015! I've kept a hold of them over the years possibly just because of that great orange colour, the muted tone means they're not too bold and I love the wide-leg look, it's a classic that will always return to style. I did try and pair these up with some other orange pieces in the look, but most of the items were a lot brighter of an orange which I felt was taking away from these trousers, so I opted for cream and I think it's perfect to let the focus be on the trousers^ This little corset top keeps the look Summery and I love wearing this leather jacket as a hand-held piece. The accessories are minimal but fitting, I'm really pleased with this bag I think it works particularly well, and the delicate little necklace is a cute final touch - I really love this outfit =) And then we have the Draped Camel Coat (26th Collection), and I'm also sure that I've not worn this since the release either, I think I've completely underrated this piece as I loved styling it for this post, it was easy to work with (once re-sized a little, it's not easily made for a wide-leg trouser underneath!) and the colour is beautiful - so I'm quite glad I also kept a hold of this over the years. I went with similar tones, these brown striped trousers have so many colours in them, but I think they all work well with the coat and the two complement each other well. Again super simple with the accessories, but I think that works to keep the focus on the clothing combination, I particularly love the earrings here, they pop beautifully against the brunette hairstyling and the brown of the coat^
In this next look I've styled the Orange Tailored Pants and Orange Maxi Vest (26th Collection) which is a pairing I used to wear a lot a couple of years ago, I'm sure there will be posts somewhere on the blog with them - but I've definitely not worn either in a while. This was the quickest look to put together, I just was feeling pink with this bold orange/red tone and wasn't going to be persuaded by anything else! The colour combination won't be for everyone, but I love it! This oversized shirt is great layered with the vest, and with so many accessories to match it, it was easy to pick finishing touches for this styling. White and black pieces would also be classics to go with a bold colour like this, or for something fun the right shade of yellow or orange would be good too =) Then are the LE Nude Tailored Pants (26th Collection), which I think I wore a few times after the release and then have been forgetting about them since - also an easy piece to style with my love of neutral colours! I resized these so they would sit on the waist, I like the slightly slimmer fit of the trousers on the leg now too. With lighter colours chosen for the rest of the clothing I picked some darker accessories, I'm so happy with this combination, these sandals are super cute yet also stylish and I love being able to use this LV bag, the colour is spot on for this styling^ I had a lot of options of tops to work with these trousers, so I think they are very versatile - I look forward to working with them more this Autumn as I think they will be perfect for the season =D
Changing vibes away from the wide-leg trousers, this next look features the Woven Monochrome Tank (27th Collection) - this is a piece I didn't wear a lot at first, then wore in several stylings a few years later and then seem to have forgotten about again, I really love how the piece looks, it's not something we've got anything similar to and it's not something I see people wearing often. I really like the striped design on it and the colour is a classic, I admit I should have worn it more already this Summer, but it's not too late for a couple of stylings =) This one is simple yet effective at highlighting the design, and I like that the knitted trim of the top also stands out, I think this piece works very nicely with other white items and the black accessories do a good job as accents to the styling. Now for an accessory, the Ultra Modern Flats (27th Collection), which are a shoe that I love the design of yet have really rarely worn because I really struggle with flats! The design really is stand out and I love the mix of colours, they make it easy to pick clothing to work with them well, and I've opted for a mix of all the colours here - I think the red jacket is particularly nice at highlighting the red base to the shoe. Again it's a super simple look, but I think it's perfect for these shoes to let them shine in the outfit^
For the penultimate look, wearing the LE Herringbone Booties (27th Collection) which I've styled up a couple of times since purchasing them - they are a bit trickier with that herringbone design and the colour I think is more a dark brown than a black, but I'm making them work with black and I don't think the difference stands out too much. I'll admit, I've styled them with these trousers before but it's a pairing that I love and I think it's so perfect for these boots - I struggled to find another option that I liked as much. The rest of the look is simple to keep the focus on the lower part of the outfit, but I think it works quite nicely =) And lastly, one of my all-time favourite pieces, the Pleated Burgundy Pants (27th Collection) which I think everyone will be familiar with as I wear them all the time! I did try and style them differently this time as I normally wear them with a matching burgundy vest, but I stepped away from it for this super fun sweater - all the different colours mean it will work with a lot of other coloured clothing, and I think these burgundy trousers are quite a nice fit for it for an Autumnal styling. I opted to stick with other burgundy accessories, these boots are just fabulous with the trousers, but with the black trim on the sweater decided to include some black - I think this coat does ok in the look, it's definitely not too dark and I think the burgundy still pops =D

No comments:

Post a Comment