f

Sunday 13 June 2021

S U B C O U T U R E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Quite a few weeks ago now we got a brand new drop of Subcouture in the Plaza - for those unfamiliar, this is a release limited on time not number of items, so we get a whole weekend to shop the drop which I love so you can have a good think about which pieces you want to get or not, it's quite perfect^ Normally I adore these releases and pick up quite a lot of pieces, but this time round the trends just aren't for me on the whole - I did pick up a couple of bits and pieces though, and you guys had a few firm favourites too which I just had to share!
First up all those features! These first two stylings both make use of the Belted Leather Trousers, and actually it was seeing these looks which convinced me to also buy them. This styling is from Brevis who looks super cool and ready for the Autumn in this look. I really like the use of the corset belt addition here, it makes a good divide between the leather and design of the Trousers and the print and cool design of this top, I think it makes for a fun pairing^ The leather bag looks great against the trousers and I love these neutral yet detailed heels to balance with the colour of the top, I think it looks great overall =)
Also in the Belted Leather Trousers, but also starting off a whole host of stylings with the Westwood Corset (this is by far the favourite item of the release!), is Mery.- who looks awesome in the pairing, they're great pieces together and despite them being paired together in the store, I think this styling makes the pairing look completely different and much more stylish^ I love the burgundy belting at the middle, it's a great divide and the colour is perfect with those in the Corset. The white shirt beneath adds all the cool vibes, I think it's a perfect addition. The accessories are simple yet so fitting, love the dinky bag and the chunky silver chains along with the beauty look - really perfection!
Next up with the Westwood Corset is MissDark1990 who combines a flirty feminine white with a more grounded vibe, it's so great! The floaty frilled sleeves are a great fit with the Corset, the colours and styles are perfectly complementary. The skirt design is also great, with the waistline of the Corset fitting the design of the lace trim perfectly^ Just perfection that would work with so many styles of accessories, these combat boots are a fun touch! And work well with the choker design and also surprisingly the pearl earrings - so creative, I love it =D
Also in white with the Westwood Corset but bringing different vibes to the table is DIORian who also looks great with these pieces paired with the Corset =) The split-leg design of the skirt and the puffed belting look great with the waist-line of the piece and the jacket makes a very nice 'framing' so the Corset really stands out in the look, even with the draped necklaces layered on top. Love all of the white accessories in the styling, the pointed heels and the oversized floral earring especially^
And the final feature, and also with the Westwood Corset is anaritamiranda, choosing matching nude tones from the Corset for the styling, and I love it so much, it's like the dress was made to be worn with this piece^ The colours are perfect and the designs are great together. The black jacket really works quite well here and I don't think the dark is too overwhelming for the nude colour. Love the belting added too along with some classic accessories which make a perfect finishing touch =)
Now for my own stylings - I will reassure you now that I didn't get the Westwood Corset too, so there are no more stylings with it, haha! First up the Pleated Cropped Trousers which I actually haven't seen anyone else style yet, I guess these weren't a popular choice, but I really quite liked them for their golden colouring and the intricate pleats. I styled up super simply, I love this loose white shirt for smart Summer vibes with the trousers. And I'm so happy about my accessorising with this look, these gold mules are beautiful with the Trousers and I have a perfectly colour-matched bag which I was super impressed about! Then we have the Canvas Tote, which I've also not seen anyone wear yet, I thought it was a really cute bag for the Autumn actually with the striped colour trim in red. I found this super easy to style, but perhaps because I knew I wanted to pair with burgundy and I have a few favourite burgundy go-to pieces^ For the Summer I opted for mostly beige tones with a highlight of burgundy in the vest and boots, and I love it! I think it just works so nicely for the bag and it really stands out nicely in the look. I'm totally excited to wear this some more and to see some of you guys try it out =) And lastly I picked up the Subcouture Tote which is a great Summer bag with the leather and raffia combination - I did struggle a bit with this one, the leather is a bit of a darker brown than a tan, and the raffia is a bit darker than the usual style, so I found it hard getting pieces to work well with both colours. In the end I think I did an ok job, but it could be better - naturally I wanted to go with an all-white or all-beige styling, but I did try something slightly different. I do love this blouse with the bag though, I think they're really fun styles together. And also love the boot colour with the bag, I do think that works nicely - just have to work on the rest of the styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment