f

Sunday 23 April 2023

S U B C O U T U R E | Styled By Me / / Styled By You

It's SUBCOUTURE weekend! I love the limited aspect of Subcouture in that there's no rush to try things on and decide what to buy before the few hundred pieces sell out - with this you can really take your time and come back to things if you change your mind.
Overall, this collection really isn't to my taste at all - as a whole it's a bit avant garde for my style preferences, but there are a couple of individual pieces that I decided to give a go, luckily the accessories are a little more varied in style compared to the clothing. But before seeing my looks, enjoy some features:
First up, style-genius harpie wearing the Sheer Lace Ruffle Dress in such a perfect way that it's making me think I maybe do need this dress! It layers so beautifully, I love the ruched black bodycon underneath and the lace detail still stands out. The purple is such a fun addition and really draws your eye, the sheer aspect to this top makes it a perfect choice. Love the accessories too, especially this necklace, it's such a beautiful and fitting piece for the outfit^
The Sheer Lace Ruffle Dress is definitely popular, Bianca.Vos also styles it and it's really looking like a piece with reasonable versatility. The dress looks very sleek in this black and silver styling, and the lace bodysuit underneath layers well, without an underskirt the lace detailing of the skirting gets an extra highlighting. I love the added sleeves, the style of them is perfect with the dress^ And the silver accessories are fabulous finishing touches =)
Next up is LauraLucy91 styling the Ombre Oversized Coat and really doing a good job at convincing me that I need another coat in my wardrobe, this looks amazing! I really hadn't considered trying out this male-fitting piece until I saw this outfit, now I need to decide if I need it^ I love the black and brown combination of this styling, these trousers look great against the brown dip of the coat, really a perfect choice. The black boots and bag make for a good balance to the colours - I love it a lot!
And the final feature is from Afrodit wearing the Gold Metallic Corset. This wasn't really a piece that particularly stood out to me, but I think it looks great in this outfit! It's a subtle addition which I really like and I think it works very nicely with the power-shoulder cropped blazer and also tucked into the trousers. The light gold of the accessories also balances well with the pieces dark gold colour, I think this is a great combination of tones of gold for a sleek styling =)
And finally for my own outfits. First up is the Gold Dragon Purse - I really liked the look of this piece in the store and liked the unique design of the details despite it being yet another spherical bag for my collection! I love the brown/gold colours to the bag, which for me at least, make it a wearable piece. I actually ended up styling 3 looks for this bag and then picked one, it does go with quite a few different colours, particularly browns, beiges, golds and yellows - I opted for these brown trousers as I liked both the colour and style of them with the bag, and the bag still stands out nicely against them with the dragon detail highlighted. I kept the shirt as a simple option, the white keeps it light, but balanced by adding some gold earrings, I liked the darker shade of gold with this pair^ Next are the Crystal Pyramid Earrings which were very easy to include in a look, and I think will be easy to wear in a number of styles. I chose this silver-embellished coat and balanced with a few little touches of silver in the rest of the accessories. It's very much not a Spring/Summer look, but I think it works nicely for the earrings. I definitely want to try these out with a darker coloured hairstyle, they'll pop off a dark brown or black style very well I think. And the final piece is the Black Long Sleeved Dress which I just loved as soon as I saw it. I didn't have any styling ideas for it but just knew that I had to get it! The silhouette is beautiful on the doll, I love the slim fit and the neckline is gorgeous, it's really a unique piece to my dress collection. It's definitely a dressier item, which I did find a little tricky to style but I kept it simple with a few accessories - I particularly love this necklace with it, it adds to the neckline without distracting from the beautiful shape too much. Such a stunning piece and I hope to see others wearing this one too =D

1 comment: