f

Wednesday 7 September 2022

Iris Van Linebacker

It's big shoulders time! Courtesy of the Iris Van Herpen tribute.

 

I absolutely love Iris Van Herpen IRL, but one of the things that is so iconic about the designs is how they don't really translate to other places. You can't do IVH on the cheap, nor can you *really* do IVH to nip to the shops (unless you're really extra). The same can sort of be said for the tribute itself, and as Kirsten pointed out in her round-up, we all seem pretty unanimous that each piece costs a lot for not a lot of versatility.

I picked up this orchid-y blue number with the intent of trying to wear it not-just-as-a-dress. I'm not sure how successful I've been, except in maybe making my doll look like she could take up the front row of a very fashionable scrum. 

I do love the colours I've pulled together though. Another formative fashion experience for me was the colour pairing chapters from Trinny and Susanna's What Not to Wear Books (you may not have heard of these outside of the UK although Trinny has an extremely chaotic TikTok - and maybe don't look them up either ha, they were pretty unnecessarily harsh to poor unsuspecting women). There was one particular look that put navy blue with lime green and I was just so sold on that. This was in....2002 maybe?..and I still can't shake it now.  

Perhaps I'll try this dress again in a few weeks - that'll be the real test - can I style it without lime green!

Featuring:
Blue Ombre Dress • Inspired by Iris Van Herpen Tribute
Prada Inspired Neon Fringe Dress (rotated and worn as a neckpiece) • Inspired by Prada Tribute
High Waist Pencil Pants • Velvet Orchid
Jacquemus Inspired Blue Belt • Subcouture
Sunny Belt • The JetSet
Ombre Bag • The JetSet
Plastic Couture Show Headwear • Tingeling Couture
Del Boca Earrings • Tingeling
Emerald Boots • Runway

No comments:

Post a Comment