f

Tuesday 15 February 2022

T R I B U T E S G A L L E R Y | Tribute Review

I am so excited about this next store of the Tribute season - welcome back to the Plaza Tributes Gallery! This for sure is one of my favourite stores of Tribute season and it feels like it's been so long since we had one (the last one was Winter 2017/2018), it's all about the accessories and I love it^ Lets get into the store:
This release has two floors and is predominantly filled with bags and shoes with just a couple of extra pieces - but no complaints from me as there is plenty on offer in this store without extras^ Starting with the shoes there are 7 pairs to choose from in a mix of boot and heel styles, naturally with it still being Winter I'm leaning towards the boot designs, but the colourful graffiti design of the Balenciaga Pumps is very attractive and will work in a range of outfits with the classic overall style to the shoe. With the boots I feel like there are a few 'love or hate it' pieces here - the Acne Lace Up Boots for one won't be a style that works for everyone, I'm not a fan of them but I can see some will love them, I do like the colour of them though, so they're not completely bad! The Purple Balmain Boots have perhaps been incorrectly labelled as these are just a purple version of a pair we just got in the Balenciaga release, with these I like the style but the colour doesn't work so well. But onto two pairs I did really like, firstly the Satine Boots which were the first pair I really spotted in the store and it was 'must have' at first sight! I really love everything about these, the ankle style, heel height and slight point to the toe are great features and the colour is right up my street, the bow on the front is an adorable added extra - so excited to style these. And then also the Cut Out Margiela Boots which I think will be a firm favourite for a number of people. A pair of black ankle boots is a must for any wardrobe and these stand out with the amazing heel design. They look great on the doll and will work in countless outfits with their simplicity. These will last for years in my wardrobe for sure^
And now for the bags! These are in a range of colours and designs, those bold tones on the first floor of the store really draw you in to all of the pieces. There are 12 bag to choose from, there really is something for everyone in the choice. For those who like a bright colour there are 3 fabulous choices, the Bottega Green Bag, the Balenciaga Pink Bag and the Balenciaga Orange Bag - I really quite like all of these and I think they will all be great to style. I've not bought any of these yet, but I do plan to and I'm leaning towards both the Green and Orange ones as I think the styles work slightly better for me than the pouch-style of the Pink one - the Bottega Green Bag is over the shoulder while the Balenciaga Orange Bag is a dinky handheld piece. I've also not seen anyone style these yet and would love to! For colour in a more muted tone then there are also 3 choices, the Prada Blue Clutch, the Prada Purple Bag and the Small Balmain Bag. I love the colours of these pieces so much, they look great, but for me the Prada pieces really come out on top, they're both different and bring something new that we've not got a lot of, I can't pass on a bag in a great shade of purple! These both have a great size and I like the Prada logo on the front of them. The other bags are much more muted in black and white colours. The Balenciaga Chain Bag in white with a delicate gold chain just ticks all the boxes, it's simple yet so stylish and I know a lot of people will like this one for that. In the middle of the black and white is the Balmain Black Bag which I think is my absolute favourite in the store, I love the cross-body style and the small size, there is gold detailing on it and I think the black and white pattern across it looks great! This is another one that I've not seen anyone else style, so would love to see someone have a go with it. One piece I have seen worn a few times is the Margiela Tote Bag, this is all black with hanging straps and a quite structured design. I think it's a very nice bag, but something has put me off buying it and I can't put my finger on it! The final piece to discuss is the Gucci Brown Handbag, which is certainly more black then brown, but whatever, it's a great style independent to the colour^ I love this style of bag a lot and it's a pretty neutral piece that will work in a range of outfits. I'm a big fan of gold hardware on bags, so this piece ticks that box for me. The printing on the body of the bag is relatively subtle so it also won't overwhelm in a look, so a pretty solid choice!

T S L T O P T H R E E
Cut Out Margiela Boots | Gucci Brown Handbag | Satine Boots
Super difficult to choose top picks for this release but for me I think the boots win out a little over the bags, neutral colours and simple but effective details are versatile winning pieces^

F E A T U R E S
First for out features is flyingspaghetti who really loved this collection styling up the Acne Lace Up Boots, Gucci Lion Necklace and the Prada Blue Clutch - all such different styles of pieces but I think they look great together =) The mix of blues, browns and reds is great, I love this blazer a lot and I think it works so well to tie the pieces together. The boots look great with the extra socks added, in fact I thought it was one piece initially. The necklace layering is fab, and again the pieces work well with the blazer. This look works really well to make sure all the pieces stand out in their own right^
Then we also have a feature from prinsestkm1 styling the Gucci Brown Handbag - this bag looks good with everything. The print and dark colour of it pop out against the washed blue denim. The denim shirt looks good too, and I like the mix of styles, the denim is an unusual choice with this blazer but I think they work well - the bag suits the styles of both =) The black polo layered underneath and the black shoes are a good fit for all aspects of the look. This is a fun way to see the versatility this bag has!

S T Y L I N G S
Now for my own stylings, which I really loved putting together. First up the Satine Boots which I loved styling, they were so easy to work with and I had a number of options for them. I love them with these beige loose trousers, I really like the matched colour of the two. I wanted to keep the whole look light and Spring-like, this bow blouse is a nice fit with the bows on the boots. I had a lot of neutral accessory choices that would have worked with this styling, I think this bag looks great and the earrings are a nice touch too. Next up are the Cut Out Margiela Boots which was the fastest look to put together - with these I knew I wanted to have a focus on black accessories and so navy paired naturally with that, I'm completely still on my black and navy love affair I'm afraid! With such a neutral look in terms of added detail, the heels of the boots really do stand out I think, and I love the sheen of the leather with the sheen on the bag, will be using this pairing again for sure^ And the final piece, the Balmain Black Bag, which was another styling that came together very quickly - I just love all these pieces =D Anyway with this piece I knew I wanted to use gold in the look to pair with the little gold details on the bag, and I'm so pleased I tried it out with this blazer, I love the two together. Black seemed a sensible choice for a bottomhalf, I really like this pleated skirt with the look, the style is fitting and the matte texture works well. And a few gold accessories to finish it off, as I've said for all the other, I really like this look^

No comments:

Post a Comment