f

Monday 27 November 2017

B I Z O U | Release Review

Two reviews in one day - that sure is a treat to the blog! Now Bizou, which is a pretty general store in the Plaza and I think that this release fits that quite well. The advert gives a city vibe with the background and also the style of clothing on the dolls, not sure it really sells the whole collection to me, but it's a store I know I'll always find something in!
Highlights This release is the regular size of release, and I think it's better than what the advertisement sells it as on the homepage. And it also has a male piece, which is a thoughtful addition. Overall I think the store has some great pieces in there, but as a whole it's not the best release.
Accessories There are 7 accessory pieces in this release and it's a pretty good range (*One pair of shoes is on the next page, but they're on the mannequin!). There are two pairs of shoes, neither of which really rate for me in terms of what I'm looking for in shoes - the T Strap Gold Heels which while I like gold, I know I don't get on well with t-straps so they're not a shoe for me, and then the Oxford Lace Up Boots, again a shoe style I know doesn't suit me. However the two bags on offer really do impress me! The Gold Bubble Detail Crossbody and Side Frill Handbag both are really sold to me^ I love their elegant and minimal styles, I think they've been made well and they look pretty good on the doll too, I can't see any negatives about them =) Then there's also the Red Western Inspired Belt which is a nice minimal piece, the Big Warm Cream Cashmere Scarf which looks pretty snug, and also the B Locket Necklace which I just can't like, it looks a little too garish for me! But for me the bags alone save the accessories!
Clothing Now the clothing, which is definitely better than the accessories. And alike in the Fallen Angel release (reviewed this morning!) there are a couple of pieces that are the same item but in different colours: there's the Rouched Zip Dress in Black and Red, a piece I don't really like, I don't think the style looks good on my doll and I don't really like any of its features. Then there's the Striped Princess Shoulder Knit in Red and Cream, these didn't stand out to me in the store, I found myself easily looking over them, but they could make good basics for layering. And lastly, the piece I like best of these, the Side Lace Up Denim in Blue and Black - these make a great pair of jeans for the present time. They're high waisted with a flattering shape, have a straight leg that suits the doll well and an interesting asymmetrical ripped hem with some lacing detail - I think they're great! So now on to the rest of the store. There are two shirts, both pretty smart looking, the High Neck Paris Stripe Sweater and the Ruffle Sleeve Crispy Blouse. I like both of them, I think they look good on the doll and they have minimal, versatile styles and designs to work with - I've seen a lot of others wear them too, so I think they are coming up pretty popular! Now personally I'm not a huge fan of the rest of the collection, there's a few bottom halves and some outerwear, and sure the Fur Trimmed Classic Coat looks nice, but it's not really a versatile piece to style and I don't think it's something a lot of members would wear.
Prices So the collection is priced between 9 and 21SD's, which I think is pretty decent. There are a couple of SC pieces in the store, and there are also a couple of pieces which are SS/Royalty only.
Styled Outfits I loved styling these pieces! First up are the Side Lace Up Black Pants which I'm really really liking. I tried to style them in a kind of smart way, choosing a fitted blazer and shirt, a style which I think works nicely for the jeans, although they'll be great in casual stylings too. Love the pink boots with them as well, and it definitely attracts your eye to the hem of the jeans. The second outfit is filled with a few pieces, the Ruffle Sleeve Crispy Blouse, Gold Bubble Detail Crossbody and Side Frill Handbag pairing the bags together which I really quite like the look of. I kept the look very minimal choosing black cropped jeans and slouched boots, a style which I think works nicely with the bag. The look is smart and I think will look good with some outerwear for winter, I just wanted to show off the shirt for now^ And the final styling is with the High Neck Paris Stripe Sweater, and I struggled a little with this as I kept choosing jackets and coats that covered the piece up too much, but I think this loose one works alright. I chose something a little more dressed up with these wide-leg trousers and I like it with the top. The stripes have a silver colour to them, so I used that in my accessories and I think the shoes work out particularly well, I really like their inclusion in this look!
Features Now onto the features - the first one is from jjgangstevenjj wearing the Ruffle Sleeve Crispy Blouse in this cool layered look. I love the ruffles paired with the flashes of red, and the printing on the skirt along with the pleats on the belt and skirt - against the dark colours the white shirt definitely pops. I also love the hat and mesh veil too, the style looks great with the shirt and overall outfit!
This look is casual and quite fun from android18 wearing both the Ruffle Sleeve Crispy Blouse and the Side Lace Up Denims which look cute together. The bright green shoes paired with the red bejewelled bag are great together and they really pop with the bright blue of the denim - it's definitely an unusual combination but it stands out and looks pretty cute =)
And then something super warm for winter from neon.swift wearing the Big Warm Cream Cashmere Scarf. This is a classic chic winter styling and the scarf is perfect with this overcoat, I just love the combination^ I like the muted black of the clothes beneath with the cream of the top layers, and the extra long sleeves of the shirt. The bag is another classic style, and what I also love are these shoes with the gingham toe, such a great wear for them =D

1 comment: