f

Monday 27 November 2017

F A L L E N A N G E L | Release Review

Another long ago release, but better late than never, right? I still wanted to post about this Fallen Angel release because I think it's a pretty good one^ The advert sells the store as it is and gives dark sultry vibes from the doll - it's minimal but I think it works out alright for the store.
Highlights The collection was the usual size for this type of store release, no complaints there, and everything fits with the vibe of the store well, all the colours, designs and styles, so I think it's a pretty decent one overall. The mix of styles is ok, and I think most people should find something that works for them and their own style ideas.
Accessories The number of accessories is right for the collection, but I didn't find myself particularly drawn to them or found them anything special to purchase. There are 3 pairs of shoes, the Blood Red Velvet Heels (these are alright, but I have some very similar ones already!), the Patent Lace Booties and the Sherling Lined Suede Platforms. There is just one bag, and while I like the circle style on bags, I'm not so fond of this one, the Roaring 20s Box Bag. And then lastly is a necklace, which I think people will buy as it's an SC piece, the Floral Applique Decoration Necklace, it's just not my style at all!
Clothing I definitely prefer the clothing to the accessories, so much more wearable for me! There are several pieces where the same item comes in two colours, which make up most of the collection: the Asymmetrical Lace Blouse in Black and Red, a pretty sheer piece with a very long hem down one side, personal choice? I like the black version best! Then the Lace Trumpet Sleeve Body in Black and Silver, this is a cute choice, I like the lace printing on this and the overall design of the piece, it'll be an easy one to wear with trousers or skirts ontop, and I like both colours, they both look good! Thirdly the Romantic Dress in Black and Red, personally this isn't a piece I'd wear, but the black colour has a classic look to it and it has some fabulous sleeves. Next the Silver Ring Detail Top in Black and Red, again another piece I wouldn't wear, but I think this item will be good for layering in looks, so it might be one to keep an eye on - I definitely prefer the black over the red on this one too. And lastly my favourite - the Black and Red Velvet Jumpsuit, which is such an elegant and trendy piece. Love velvet, it's popular right now and has been in past party seasons so I think it will be in the future too, and I love the shape of the jumpsuit, I definitely see great potential in this! And then the final two pieces of the release, two skirts, the Studded Ruffles Skirt and the Magical Red Detail Lace Skirt. Initially I just liked the first piece, but I'm totally sold on the second skirt too after the feature below! They're both midi styles and have their own unique touches, like the ruffles and then the lace styled printing. They're individual pieces that really do stand out in this release!
Prices The release ranges from 13 to 21SD's which is alright. There are two SS only pieces in the release, but I don't find them as key items in the collection, so no-one is missing out really, which is good.
Styled Outfits I've just bought a couple of pieces so far, but after finding these features I think I'll be back for more soon! But I'm gonna start by saying I really like how my looks turned out! Firstly the Studded Ruffles Skirt, in this autumn/winter look. I found it a little tricky to put all the focus on the ruffles, so I don't know how well I'm selling the skirt on its own, but I like the combination I've gone for using the deep browns and green tones I think they do work well with the black of the skirt. The knit in white keeps the look light and I think that draws a little attention to the bag I've gone for which I think is perfect in this styling. And secondly the Black Velvet Jumpsuit - I was quite undecided on whether to dress it in a warmer style or go for a party look, in the end the warm won out and I absolutely adore this blazer against the velvet of the trousers - that's the good thing about this jumpsuit, so easy to style just as trousers! I went with deeper reds for the accessories but kept it reasonably minimal to let the velvet have the focus and I think it works =)
Features Quite a few people were wearing this release really nicely, so that was very pleasing =) Firstly lulluplix wearing the Asymmetrical Lace Blouse in this very cool chic outfit - I love the use of the extra lace piece at the back as it makes the piece seem more complete and it works well with the outfit. The white trousers are a classic against the black, and I like the cinching of the waist with this belt and bag combination - adding the pearls and flower are cute and it definitely catches your attention =D
Secondly is LyVio wearing the Lace Trumpet Sleeve Body, and I think it's a perfect styling for the piece, the trousers fit well with the body and with the vibe of it too - this definitely helps convince that this piece is a versatile one! The accessories are minimal yet fitting with the overall style, as is the makeup look^
And last but not least, the look I mentioned before - kelzsprouse_1 wearing the Magical Red Detail Lace Skirt. It looks perfect with this checked blazer, that was a surprise and I absolutely love it! And I love the Chanel accessories, both the booties and bag in black work nicely with the outfit and stand out without taking too much attention from the lace printing on the skirt, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment