f

Sunday 1 August 2021

I N S P I R E D B Y M O S C H I N O | Tribute Review

Tribute number four of the Summer is here, here we have Moschino! This isn't a new brand to add to the Tribute collection, we've had Antidote Moschino a couple of years back and Moschino was also included in the first ever Tribute season back in 2011, crazy to think that was 10 years ago now^ So here is our fresh instalment of Moschino, let's get in and take a look:
The store has 2 floors with 8 looks, I think it seems a little sparse, I would have liked to see it compressed into 1 floor instead, but that's perhaps being a little picky. There are also 2 looks for the guys in this release which is nice to see (perhaps not if you don't want to wear pink though!). Overall the collection isn't too large, but I do think it's still a pretty decent one.
Starting with the accessories, there isn't a lot to choose from - there are two pairs of shoes the Moschino Inspired Heels which are a fantastic yellow dotted heel, I just think these are fabulous with their gold chain detailing, and also the Moschino Inspired Heels Black, which don't catch my eye so much in the store, for me it's the 3 thick straps across the foot and around the ankle, I don't like this style on my doll so much - however until I looked at the real collection, I thought this was an animal print, I completely didn't realise it was gold text on black. There are 3 bags in the store, I think the Moschino Inspired Jacket Bag is a fun idea from the collection, it's just not something I would choose, but I do adore the Moschino Inspired Spot Bag, again has yellow on it and I think the mix with pink and the varied size polka dots is super cute, something completely different yet in a classic design, it's for sure a winning piece of the collection for me! There's not much in the way of other accessory pieces, just the Moschino Inspired Gold Belt which is a pretty great piece, I like the layered chains design and I think many others do too - for sure one of the most popular pieces of the collection =D
Now for the clothing - I'm a big fan of polka dots, I think they can be super cute in a look and I like the choice of dots on offer, but if you don't like polka dots then this collection is a little slim pickings for you - the RL collection that this is based on does have more than just dots, so there could have been a little more than just dots on offer as I think they do take over the collection a little. So for the non-polka dot pieces there are two choices, the Moschino Inspired Gown which is quite a stunning piece in a beautiful pink mixing floral designs together with amazing skirting and also the Moschino Inspired Italian Dress which is a more casual t-shirt dress style piece in the Italian flag and font printed on the front - these aren't so much my thing, and I've not seen anyone wearing them yet, so I think the polka dots maybe win on popularity^ Now for those dots! There are 6 pieces to choose from with yellow being a dominant colour across the designs - there are 2 each of dresses, tops and bottoms. For me the dress pieces aren't so much my style, but I do love the wrapped bodice design on the Moschino Inspired Spot Dress. The Moschino Inspired Jacket is fitting very well with the dress designs, this is such a fun jacket design, and we don't have a lot of things like this so I think it will be well-liked. I like the colour and dot mixing on this one, and the fit on the doll is perfect. The other top is the Moschino Inspired Spot Top which I just love so much, a great piece for Summer with it's orange colour and sleeveless design and I love that big bow at the neckline. This piece reminds me of designs from way back on Stardoll, so it's quite fun to have for me - I can't wait to style this up! The Moschino Inspired Orange Skirt is matching to the top, but also has a yellow belting attached, love the colour mix and this is something which could be easily covered if you want to go all out with the orange. I'm passing on this piece however because of the length, it sits above the knees and for my doll it's not something I find flattering and I know it's a length I will never get the wear out of. And the final piece, perhaps the best til last, are the Moschino Inspired Trousers - a blue base with a white polka dot, a classic of a combination and a pretty classic design and fit on the doll too. I absolutely love these, and I think they will look great year-round and with quite a mix of colour combinations too, this is the piece I am most excited about to style!

T S L T O P T H R E E
Moschino Inspired Spot Bag | Moschino Inspired Trousers | Moschino Inspired Heels
Choosing my top 3 from this collection was easy, these were the first 3 pieces that caught my eye in the store and ones that I knew I had to have - all super fun and fresh in the Plaza and I think that will make some fabulous looks this season =D

F E A T U R E S
Time for the features, first up is carol.dany styling the Moschino Inspired Gold Belt, Moschino Inspired Spot Bag and the Moschino Inspired Jacket - a great mix of pieces for sure! This silk skirt is a great addition to the pieces, the colour complements and fits in perfectly making a super smart outfit. The gold jewellery added balances well with the belt and chain of the bag, and I love the sparkly tights adding some extra glamour^
Next up is kate17Elegante in the Moschino Inspired Spot Top, Moschino Inspired TrousersMoschino Inspired Gold Belt and Moschino Inspired Jacket Bag - as a fan of orange, this look is a dream! The orange and blue look very good together, as so the mixed sizing of the polka dots, I think it works nicely. This orange coat is a perfect addition to the look, colour and style is just completely right for the collection, and I love the orange sandals - orange perfection really!
Following on the bright polka dot theme - Thieli. wearing the Moschino Inspired Gold Belt, Mochino Inspired Jacket Bag and the Moschino Inspired Orange Skirt. I like the split in the look between yellow on the top half and orange on the bottom with a mixed use of bags (great combination by the way!), the oversized ruffles on top of the gloved polo looks great, and I also love the use of this gold 'Moschino' choker, it looks great paired with the belt =D
And also in polka dots, but this time black and white is Bianca.Vos accessorising with the Moschino Inspired Gold Belt and the Moschino Inspired Heels and despite all the dots, these pieces pop and catch your eye in the styling^ Polka dots can be super classy too as this look shows, the midi skirt is the perfect length to highlight the shoes and their beautiful design, and the gold details on the accessories look good with the choker again used in this look. The layering of clothing is great here, it really looks seamless which is fantastic^

S T Y L I N G S
And lastly for my stylings - I found these pieces so easy to work with, I think I managed to put together these looks in under 5 minutes, ideas just flowed once I'd put the pieces on. This is great as it means they'll be pieces I'll definitely come back to time after time to style up! First up are the Moschino Inspired Trousers and I know all the blue might be too much for some people, but I love it, I think it's a fabulous combination^ The colours and styles of the pieces work together perfectly. I focused on the white dots for the accessory colour, and it was easy to pick out some white pieces, there are endless combinations that I could have used for this, but I'm really loving the pieces I used =) Next up the Moschino Inspired Spot Top, which I did try to style in an all-orange look, but didn't quite have the right orange trousers to make it work! White is the next best thing though and I think these smart trousers bring out a smarter vibe in the shirt style. Kept the accessories simple in white and orange - luckily I have quite the collection of orange bags, so will be able to have a lot of options for styling like this again in the future^ And finally the Moschino Inspired Heels, and I really am completely torn now about which look I like best, as I love this one so much! This dress is a great pairing for the shoes, reversing their colours with gold dots on a black base, I just think it looks perfect with the shoes. A simple jacket keeps it smart, and the accessorising was easy for me with gold accents to match the shoe details; overall just so so much love for this styling =)

2 comments:

  1. awwwwn, thank you so much! I loved ♥ xoxo Kate ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thisssss!!! Loved so muchhhhh❤️ Kissesssss Thi

    ReplyDelete