f

Tuesday 31 August 2021

3 BY 3 | Chanel Summer Shoes

I loved putting together that last 3 BY 3, and have a few ideas for some more - next up are Chanel Summer shoes! I've just been wanting more Chanel in my style lately, I'm a little sad we didn't get a new Tribute release, but that gives the perfect opportunity to style up those pieces I already have, so today I'm including both the Chanel Inspired Mules Blue and Chanel Inspired Espadrilles from the 2019 Summer Tribute and then the Pearl Pink Sandals from the 2012 Summer Tribute; these are all pieces I've not seen styled much/at all around the site - hopefully you enjoy this post today, let me know if you're also missing some Chanel, and if you have any ideas of pieces you'd like to see included in this series =D

C H A N E L I N S P I R E D M U L E S B L U E
First up the recent Chanel Inspired Mules Blue, these also had a matching red pair (you will perhaps see them elsewhere on the blog very soon^), and I really love this style of sandal for the Summer season, we don't have many similar pairs so the design stands out in my sandal collection for sure. The shade of blue is quite a tricky one to work with, which is why I've perhaps avoided these shoes too much, but I tried to embrace it for these stylings! First up something super relaxed, this shirt has some blue tones in it, and I had to try out the babier blue of accessories to see how they worked with this brighter blue - I think they work ok, but they're not my favourite accessories of the bunch to pair with these shoes. The shirt is super fun with the shoes, I know it's simple, but sometimes that's what Summer-styling is all about! Next up I tried with the blue clothing, and a lot of it! I really like this jacket with the shoes, the colours are a pretty nice fit together, I'm just sad I don't have some matching trousers to work too, but I quite like these darker ones (they're not quite navy, but navy looks good too). I kept the rest of the pieces white in the styling as there's already a lot of blue going on - I think it works nicely in highlighting the shoes. And finally trying something a bit different, I really liked these shorts with the shoes, I think the blues together, along with the green on the pattern, looked quite nice - using this oversized shirt and showing just a bit of the shorts is a nice way to make sure the focus isn't distracted too much from the shoes. Accessorising, I love this bag with the shoes, the colours are perfect together, and I thought the yellow glasses could be a fun touch with the shorts print =)

C H A N E L I N S P I R E D E S P A D R I L L E S
Next up are the Chanel Inspired Espadrilles, and I really can't think of a reason for not styling them apart from the fact that they are flat shoes - the design and style of them is great! I found them super easy to choose clothing to match, the colours are neutral and so there are many options. For my first styling I tried to keep very Summery, and I really like the outcome, these white trousers are a great match for the colour on the shoes, I kept the top in a similar shade, the flounced sleeves are a fun touch - then I used the black trim details of the shoes for my accessories, and I think that makes a perfect final touch for a classic styling in the Summer^ Next up, perhaps this was an obvious choice, but my favourite trousers also colour-match well to these shoes, I kept the vibes of using black in the accessories and as a detail on the jacket and again it really works nicely here for more smart Summer vibes. And the final look is my favourite, in fact it's my favourite look of this whole post, I used the fact that the toe of the shoe is leather and picked that out in these trousers, they are great for transitional looks into the Autumn, I just love this pairing with the shoes so much! I decided to use the browns from the base of the shoe for the rest of my look, and I think it works out very nicely, I don't so much mind the different shades of brown in the jacket and bag, I think both work very nicely with the trousers - this is a styling I will repeat again for sure =D

P E A R L P I N K S A N D A L S
And the final shoes, the Pearl Pink Sandals which I've had the longest of the 3 pairs, and I think perhaps I've never styled - the colour is a little different to my usual shade of pink, and I know I find T-bar style shoes particularly difficult to style, but I think I've given them a good try! First up, I think these trousers are a pretty good colour-match for the shoes and the styles of the pieces are nice together too. I stuck with pink accessories, this bag is great with the shoes, I really like the combination. Kept a simple shirt, any more pink might have been a bit much, but I also don't have a jacket or coat that's the perfect pink to fit. It's still pretty cute though^ Next up I tried out a print, and I think this one actually works well, that was a pleasant surprise! There's a lot of colours in these trousers, and I think that helps make the shoes fit in nicely - I did try out the matching shirt too, but that was a little overwhelming, so stuck with plain pink which I think is a nice compromise. The black jacket and sunglasses work well with the trim on the trousers and help give the pink some balance. With the last look I was struggling a little over what to choose, but I'm pretty happy with the look in the end - I'd completely forgotten that I had this cardigan, and I think it's very nice with the shoes, the white trousers are a nice light split between the two. I definitely struggled with the accessories, I've resized/reangled this belt bag, and I do think it works, and the colour is very nice in the styling, but it's not perfect for what I was thinking. But I'm really glad I managed to get 3 different stylings with these shoes given that I've had them for so long and barely worn them!

1 comment: