f

Sunday 8 August 2021

I N S P I R E D Y D R I E S V A N N O T E N | Tribute Review

Here is Tribute number 4 of the season, and it's another completely new one: Dries Van Noten! I'm firstly very pleased to have another new brand in the Tribute family, but also I just love this release, from just the little snippets we have in the 'new releases' section on the homepage I was completely sold. This release is just so fresh and vibrant, it gives the Plaza some new life - let's get in and see it:
My first glimpse of this release was in the 'New In' section on the homepage - all I saw was orange and I was sold! Sadly the whole collection isn't orange, haha, but there are other bright colours on offer too. This release comes from mostly the SS21 release, however I found the collection pictures quite difficult to look at and really see the pieces clearly, so I headed over to MyTheresa (this is just where I found the best selection of pieces) and found that I could really appreciate the RL items from this release so much better - it actually made me want to buy some more of the pieces to style up! The release is just one floor with 6 looks, but I think there's a pretty good number of pieces and mixes of styles included, I think it's just about right really. And with all those colours I think it makes the perfect Summer release for the Plaza. First up the accessories, and for the size of the collection, there's quite a lot here to choose from. There are 4 pairs of shoes in a mix of styles - I was quite naturally first drawn to the Van Noten Inspired Gold Sandals which are just a fabulous gold shoe option, I love the multiple straps across the foot, the slight squaring to the toe and the mule-style design on the back, overall a great piece! Also a very unique option are the Van Noten Inspired BW Shoes which really look fantastic, the half-covered toe design is something completely different and I think the look pretty smart and will work with a lot of different clothing options. I really love both of the bags in the store, the Van Noten Inspired Gold Bag looks amazing, love the ruffled handle and the colour is perfect, it's a great tone of gold and not too bright or fake-looking which sometimes can happen with gold pieces, this one is pretty perfect; and also the Van Noten Inspired Bag Yellow which has a similar design but in a matte yellow/orange tone, the colour is fab^ There is just one piece of jewellery included, but I think it's a good one - the Van Noten Inspired Gold Earring is a sleek golden piece of jewellery. It's relatively minimal, but I think the design is stand-out - I for one love it on my doll =) 
Now with the clothing, I already mentioned orange, so of course the pieces I wanted to buy the most were the Van Noten Inspired Orange Top and Van Noten Inspired Orange Pants - what a great set of pieces! I'm a little disappointed that the colours of these aren't exactly a perfect match, but they're still great pieces individually. I like the square neckline to the top and the trousers are a great Summer style for current trends with the tight fitting waist and the wide leg, they really look awesome on the doll^ Pieces also on the more minimal side of the store include the Van Noten Inspired Dress which is just stunning - minimalism at its best! The cut outs around the middle look good and I love the deep-V neckline paired with them. The long sleeves and longer hem length make this a great Autumn/Winter dress too, and the plain black colour make it very versatile to style up with other clothing and a range of accessories. And also in this category, the Van Noten Inspired Shorts which are a very smart-cut of longer shorts, I really like the fit of these on the doll I think they look great, and the yellow colour is quite nice to, albeit perhaps a little tricky to style up - I haven't bought these yet, but I think I might take on the challenge of them and give them a chance! And now for the fancier pieces in this release, which I think draw most of the attention when looking at the store, firstly the Van Noten Inspired Yellow Top which is a very elegant but trendy one-shoulder piece. I do like the colour, ruffle details and the gathered design to the piece, but it is very bold and quite 'big', so I'm still a little unsure on how styling it would go, I am tempted by it for sure! And the last piece to include, the boldest of the release and perhaps the most popular, the Van Noten Inspired Vest, combining sheer and ruffles and so many colours! I think it's really translated well into the Stardoll-world; the mix of colours make it a fun piece to style, giving it a lot of options for pairing. And it sure is a bold piece, it's not one for those of us who like a minimal styling, but I sure can appreciate the piece all the same =)

T S L T O P T H R E E
Van Noten Inspired Orange Pants | Van Noten Inspired Orange Top | Van Noten Inspired Gold Sandals
I think my choices are perhaps very obvious for this release - these are the pieces that I saw first and couldn't get over, I knew I had to have them! I think the shoes will be particularly versatile year-round, but the orange clothing will be timeless Spring/Summer styles that I know I'll come back to year after year.

F E A T U R E S
First up a couple of features with the Van Noten Inspired Vest, this one is from GirlEwelina who styles it up with the associated back-piece. I really like the dress pairing underneath, the paired sheer skirting makes a great effect and I think the colours are working very nicely together. The bright pink of the shoes is a great fit for the pinks in the piece too, and I love the use of the purple gloves, they really bring out those purple ruffles there^ Also loving the glitzy jewellery, a fabulous finishing touch!
Secondly in the Van Noten Inspired Vest is Mery.-, styling without the back-piece, highlighting it works well with or without. This look is very focused on the top, choosing more minimal pieces to pair with it but it works equally well and shows there is some versatility to it! I love the baby blue skirting added, it's super cute with the little baby blue ruffle detail. The white shirt is a fun addition, completely unexpected, but I think it works perfectly^ The black boots and bag are also good choices, something totally contrasting yet they look great, the pink flower detail on the bag is the perfect tying in for the look =D
And the final feature is from harpie styling up both the Van Noten Inspired Orange Pants and Van Noten Inspired Gold Sandals - this look is a perfect Summer styling! The printed shirt is such a fun piece to style with the trousers, the print colours work great with the orange, and surprisingly I think the blue is a really good fit. Love the accessorising with the look, the chunky gold earrings are a perfect balance for the shoes, and I think the tan belt bag is a perfect fit with the trousers, I love it!

S T Y L I N G S
And now for my stylings! These were all super easy pieces to style, and actually I ended up with a few looks for each of the pieces that I could choose from, so I'm sure there will be more from this release on the blog soon^ First up the Van Noten Inspired Orange Top, and I just love this styling I've ended up choosing for it, I think the orange is so effective against the contrasting black, the colour of the top is a perfect fit with many of my orange accessory choices, I particularly love it with these fun heels (Fendi). I tried this out with a few skirts and they looked pretty good too, so I think this is a versatile piece that will work for a lot of different styles. Second a combination of the Van Noten Inspired Gold Earring, Van Noten Inspired Gold Bag, and Van Noten Inspired Gold Sandals - these pieces look great together I think, and work equally well individually too. I thought pairing them with this gold-detailed denim shirt was such a fun idea, it adds just the right amount of detail to the styling! I wish I'd had the matching jeans for it, but I think the white trousers do make for a good Summer look against the denim. I really love this styling for me, it's something a little different without needing to take a huge step out of my comfort zone. Lastly the Van Noten Inspired Orange Pants which I think just win on my favourite piece of the collection. Loved styling these a lot and went for a classic Summer styling with some of my favourite white pieces, these trousers just work so well with a whole host of other colours, it's great! I've resized these a little to give them a super-high waisted and slightly more cropped-length look and I really like that for them^

No comments:

Post a Comment