f

Thursday 26 August 2021

H O T B U Y S W H I T E S H I R T S K I R T | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

It's been some time since a classic Styled By You / / Styled By Me post, but when I saw this look from Venus recently, I knew it was time to bring it back and also style up the Hotbuys WhiteShirt Skirt too! Firstly, I can't believe this piece came out back in the April 2018 HB's, how have we had this piece for 3 years now?! It feels much shorter than that! I've seen this piece styled reasonably regularly since it's release, but not for a while now - it's the perfect Summer piece, so it's just the right time for it to resurface. In Venus' styling I love it paired in a more casual way with this loose long sleeved sheer top, the colour is spot on for the colouring at the waist and tie of the skirt, and the looser bell-hem design to the sleeves works well with the tied belting too. The look is glammed up with some delicate laced sandals, the neutral colour is perfect, and also some super long delicate necklace chains, they add such a nice touch despite being not an obvious addition at first glance. I also love the long hairstyle used in this look, I think it's a perfect choice^ For my look, I've styled this skirt a couple of times before and did find it a bit difficult. This time I sized it down a little so it could sit higher on the waist, and that was something which really helped me. I looked for a top that also had some sort of tied or bow element to it, but didn't have something in a good colour, this ruffled piece is a very nice compromise I think, the colour is very nice with the skirt and I think the ruffles make a nice balance for the skirt tie details. I kept the accessories very simple, these white shoes are a classic and I picked a great Summer bag choice which I think suits the outfit very nicely, both standing out as a great bag but also fitting in well with the other pieces in the look - this definitely gives me more confidence with the skirt, so I should definitely try it out more often =D

No comments:

Post a Comment