f

Saturday 21 August 2021

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Revisited 1-25

I've revisited both the Hotbuys and Tributes before, now I was thinking it's time to revisit some LE! This time I'm covering the first 25 releases in the store, which covers from 2008 to 2015 - I've been around for them all, and at one point I did have items from each release, however as my style has changed I've sold some and bought other pieces. I no longer have any of those super early LE pieces, but the earliest collection I have from is the 3rd, so that's not too bad I'd say! These earlier pieces are getting incredibly difficult to come by in the Bazaar at reasonable prices, so sadly I think some of the pieces I'd like to get are a little out of reach. But let's get into the pieces I do have:
First up are the New Gladiator Pink Platforms (3rd Collection), which I bought in the Bazaar many years ago, have perhaps worn once, and have since spent many years trying to sell them again - these aren't such a popular piece I'd say! I did have real trouble styling them, I really like what I've come up with, I think they're great with these violet trousers, but beyond that pairing, I struggled to find just the right items to include. The lilac is nice, but I think there will be something more perfect out there! I also would love to highlight the pink platform in the clothing colours, I don't quite have anything the perfect shade though. Secondly is the Mega Sequin Purse (5th Collection) which I've had for some time and also purchased in the Bazaar. For me this is such a special piece and really deserves to shine in a look, I want the look to be built around the bag, not having the bag added at the end of the styling, and I'm really pleased with the look for this one, I love it =) I did try and style it with the shoes from the first look, the colours are great together, but finding clothing that worked well for both was difficult! It really stands out against the pink, but fits in with those pink sequins, and of course pinks and purples are beautiful together. The clothing and shoes are minimal, but I added a little black in the belt and glasses to really bring the accessories together, I think it works well^
Next up is the Metal Shell Purse (13th Collection) which I bought in the original store in the Plaza, sold, and then re-bought in the LE Re-Edition because I think it's such a unique piece to have in my bag collection! This is much more a decorative piece for me rather than one to style, but I have worn it a couple of times, and it's not a difficult piece to style. In the past I struggled with shoes, but these silver sandals from a recent-ish Plaza release are a great colour fit for the bag. The silver accessories pop against the black clothing, the little details on this blazer are great for a silver bag like this. A simple but effective look! Then are the Lacquered Brassai Trousers (25th Collection) which I just think are one of the coolest, underrated pairs of trousers that I have, sheeny and navy with a cropped length, that's pretty great - but what's been stopping me styling them often?! I really don't know the answer to that, I found them ok to style here, but I didn't come up with a lot of options, so perhaps I just need some more creativity. They look great with this navy over-shoulder blazer, and for a little twist, taking from the black frames of the glasses decided to use black accessories which I really like combined with navy. These shoes work well as they also have a sheen to them, as does the belt - I know this combination won't be for everyone, but I quite like it and think I'll be making more use of it and these trousers come Autumn as I think they will be great in Autumn/Winter stylings =) 
Keeping on the trouser theme, and also a little dark, first up are the Sonia Culottes (23rd Collection) paired with the LE Black Visor Glasses (13th Collection). I really like pairing a culotte style trouser with boots and I thought these jewelled ones would be a fun choice, I'm not sure they're perfect but I'm glad I tried it out. The look is a bit of a mix of pieces, actually I'm not sure which direction I was going with it, haha, but what I do like is the overcoat with the culottes, and also the bag with them, I think the styles are very nice together, so I'll be repeating that for sure! Then are the Graffitti Tweed Trousers (23rd Collection), which I've actually styled a couple of times before, they're a fun piece to work with^ I also really wanted to try these out with some boots, I love this pair with the wider ankle, I think it suits the leg-cut of the trousers. I then chose this leather-style coat to pair with the boots and I really love it, such a fun pairing and I think the trousers work very nicely with this fabric. A few white pieces keep the look light, but a pop of colour would also be fabulous - I've done red with these trousers before and that works beautifully =D
And now the last pairing of looks, bringing a tiny bit of colour into the stylings again - first here are the Wood Diamond Earrings (14th Collection), which I don't wear so often mostly because the fit of them on the doll is odd, they don't quite sit exactly at the ears, but they're still quite a unique piece of jewellery to have. I like the pairing of the tan colouring with the black tips on the earring design so wanted to carry that through the look, these shoes are a great balance for that, as is the coat with the contrasting black buttons on the light tan - I really love this little trio^ I kept the clothing simple to focus on those pieces, I think the darker brown trousers work well with the earrings too and the blouse is a simple yet fitting piece to work with everything else - really love this styling for the upcoming Autumn =) And last but not least, the Pleather Flower Skinnies (7th Collection), which I've had for some time and styled a couple of times. I do still find them a little difficult to work with as the fit on the doll isn't perfect for how I'd like them, but the design is so pretty that I do my best to overlook that. With the floral design on the trousers, I chose a top to match with this cardigan, I'm not sure it's perfect, but the print is so fun and really pops out with the addition of the black polo underneath and also the skinny black boots. I picked red from the print to highlight with the accessories and I think this makes for such a fun finishing touch and a look that really pops! I'd love to see more people styling up these trousers too and seeing what ideas others had for them^

No comments:

Post a Comment