f

Tuesday 17 August 2021

I N S P I R E D B Y Y / P R O J E C T | Tribute Review

Time for Tribute number 5 of this season, Y/Project! We've had one release of this brand before in the last set of Tribute releases, and this one is a completely different vibe from that previous one, which I really like for the brand in the Plaza. I wouldn't say this is my favourite Tribute of this seasons offerings, but it's definitely not too bad - let's get in and see:
Alike the last Tribute, there is just one floor of seven looks with this release - I definitely prefer the one-floor format for a Tribute of this size, it definitely looks too sparse spread over two floors. Again like the Dries Van Noten Tribute, once I took a look at the RL collection, I found so many pieces I liked, and I really like some of the inspiring pieces for what we got in the store, but I think there's just been some parts of the translation to Stardoll-clothing that I haven't liked so much. First up the accessories, and actually so far that's all I've bought from the release. I really liked the shoes on first look, love the low heel and pointed toe design a lot, but on close up of them I really didn't like the designs at all, they seem quite basic and not necessarily very nice shoes to look at, which really put me off unfortunately. Luckily the other pieces in this category are better! There are two bags in the store, I loved the Y Project Inspired Biege Bag immediately, the colour is great for me as I love beige accessories, they're very versatile, and I think the design is quite nice and makes for a unique piece. I really liked styling this one, so am a little surprised that it doesn't seem too popular. The second bag, the Y Project Inspired Bag Pink is something I was on the fence about initially, but after seeing the RL version I thought it seemed super cute in the outfit on the runway and I really wanted to give it a chance! It's quite a structured piece, and the ruffle detailing on the front does seem to get a little lost, but with this one it's all about that fabulous colour =D There are also a couple of jewellery pieces, and I completely love the Y Project Inspired Heart Earrings and Necklace set, just too adorable together! I love the more petit size to them, which will make them easier to style in a more neutral way without necessarily drawing attention to them, and the muted gold colour helps with that too. I think they're really very nice additions to my jewellery collection!
Now for the clothing - I will reiterate that I haven't actually bought any of the clothing from this release, the style is just not for me, but that doesn't mean I still can't appreciate the designs. The one piece I really did like the look of is the beige Y Project Inspired Dress with it's very current spaghetti strap design and I love the ruffles and gathering on the front. But it's the sheer section over the underwear that I can't get over, I'll only see it as a piece that needs a lot of work to make more wearable for my taste, which is a shame as otherwise it's a very nice piece (and very popular with you guys too!). Luckily it's the only piece with sheer sections, so I do think the other items are easier to wear. Also in that midi length is the Y Project Inspired Grey Dress which is a more casual piece, I don't mind that vibe so much mixed with the draping design, but I find the natural oversizing of the piece a little overwhelming on my doll. Of the other pieces, I definitely prefer the mini lengths over the maxi pieces on offer - both the colours and designs of the green Y Project Inspired Lace Dress and and the blue Y Project Inspired Knot Dress are great and I think they look very nice on the doll, but just not on my doll as they're pieces I know I wouldn't wear. I also think with the blue, the original design in the leather looks very nice, but that fabric hasn't translated to the Stardoll version so well. Of the rest of the pieces, the Y Project Inspired Pink Dress sure stands out with it's bold colour in the store - the design of this is quite nice, but I prefer it on the mannequin with the shorter length, when on the doll the length swamps the doll which for me puts me off buying it because otherwise I think it's a nice piece.

T S L T O P T H R E E
Y Project Inspired Heart Earrings | Y Project Inspired Biege Bag | Y Project Inspired Heart Necklace
These were the first pieces that caught my attention in the store, I'm sure some of you will find these boring, but the neutral vibes to these mean they will be easy to wear in many different looks and many times, so I'm excited about these ones =D

F E A T U R E S
First up, and the first of a few looks featuring the Y Project Inspired Dress is Bianca.Vos, the dress is kept the star of the show with only clothing added underneath and dealing with the sheer panel beautifully! I really like the sleeveless top added up-top, the colour is a perfect fit and it definitely doesn't detract from the neckline design of the piece. Accessories are simple yet so effective, love the gold hoops and the clear shoes, along with this sweet little bag with a pop of another colour, so great!
Also styling up the Y Project Inspired Dress is harpie, who is taking advantage of the sheer panel and adding even more, which is a really fun take on it! Again the top added is a perfect colour and matches the sheer panelling very well, the longer sleeve makes it fun for an Autumnal styling. I thought these earrings were a fun addition and match the more green panel at the dress hem very nicely. Again, minimal but super effective for this piece =D
And the final look of the Y Project Inspired Dress comes from Star_Awards - it's amazing how one dress can look so different in each styling! It works well in a more casual styling which focuses on the skirted part of the dress, the top is a great colour and looks fitting, I like the tied cardigan around the waist to make that seam between the pieces work out well. Accessories are super fun and something I wouldn't have expected for the dress, but they work so nicely^
Next up we have Brevis wearing the Y Project Inspired Grey Dress in a look that's really trying to make me want to buy this piece! I think it layers up so nicely with these trousers, the loose fit of them is great against the draping and fit of the dress. I love the balance of the silver shoes in there, they're really perfect in this styling. And I also love the bag pairing, these two just look like one, but they're perfect together too^ And great accessories up top, the jewellery and sunglasses look awesome to complete the styling =)
Wearing both the Y Project Inspired Biege Bag and a handful of the Y Project Inspired Leather Armbands is HeraKowall in this super creative styling! These pieces make for an excellent top, in fact if it was one, I'd probably buy it, haha^ The beige really pops against these darker trousers, the colours are super complementary to each other and the style of the trousers suits the bag really well I think. Love all the gold accessories, they're a perfect finishing touch to the styling!
And the final feature comes from kate17Elegante who wears the Y Project Inspired Lace Dress in such a cool way =) I love the layering with the net white top underneath, I think it really brings a feminine side adding to the lace detailing on the piece. The green tights are a fun addition, the colour works very nicely and highlights the dress well. Accessorising is also spot on, the green bag is a perfect choice, and both the earrings and the shoes fit very well with the overall look^ 

S T Y L I N G S
Lastly onto my own stylings - I have just purchased accessories pieces, and found them super fun to style, but my looks are certainly not as creative as the above features. First up both the Y Project Inspired Biege Bag and the Y Project Inspired Heart Necklace, the necklace was a last minute addition to this styling which was originally focused on only the bag, but it looks so good there in the open neck of the shirt^ I had a lot of options for beige trousers to work with this bag, but I liked this ombre pair the best as the bag has a similar ombre colour. I kept the look very neutral overall to let the darker bag pop and I think that's been successful - this is a look I could wear over and over! An overcoat will also make it suitable for a Winter based styling, so this will work year round. Secondly again the Y Project Inspired Heart Necklace, but also with the matching Y Project Inspired Heart Earrings which are just such a cute pairing^ With their gold base I had to continue that in the look, I think this dress is a perfect fit for the jewellery and I kept it a little glamorous with this jewelled beige bag, pretty perfect I'd say! Jewellery pieces like these which are a little smaller really can be quite versatile, so I think there's a lot of scope for styling them. And finally the Y Project Inspired Bag Pink, which was a last minute purchase before making these stylings, after seeing the RL version of the bag and really liking it, I decided to give it a chance with a styling! Sadly I don't have too many clothing items in this exact shade of pink, luckily I have a pair of shoes, and I love this pairing so much =) The paler pink of the coat helps the bag pop, and the white base keeps it from being a little too much on the pink. I think the bag has a very smart vibe to it with the structuring, so I really like it paired with this smart white shirt. I love this styling a lot, and I've been wearing it on my doll since putting it together, really don't want to take it off! I've not seen anyone else style this bag, so I'd love to see some others give it a go =D

1 comment: