f

Sunday 21 March 2021

I N S P I R E D B Y Y / P R O J E C T | Tribute Review

Now we have our second Tribute of this 'season' (I'm not quite sure if it is a season or not, or just a few weeks of fun releases, but lets hope for lots more to come!), and it's another new one - Y/PROJECT. I'm loving these fresh brands brought to the Plaza, I think it's really a positive thing and nice to see from Stardoll. Let's jump in and see the release:
So I'm not overly familiar with the brand at all, but having had a browse online I'm seeing a few pieces that we've actually had in the Plaza before and I never realised! This two-floor release has pieces from several of the recent collections, and also includes two male looks. Having now looked at quite a lot of the collections, there's some really beautiful pieces that I'd like to see in the Plaza, they just didn't get through this time! There's a lot of denim in this release, and it's nice to see different designs tried out, but these are really not my style at all. Ok, so starting with the accessories there is a huge range of shoes to pick from, every pair is a different style which I find fun! My eye is of course naturally drawn to the Gold Sandals, I can't resist a gold shoe at all. These have a cool strap design wrapping around the ankle and I think will look awesome in the Summer with a whole host of skirts and dresses^ The Y Project Inspired Stilettos are also a very cool shoe, I think this is a pair that you really need to zoom in on to see the design detail with the split in the toe. I really like the patent leather on these and the lack of heel plus the ankle strap combination, it's something very different and stands out. There are two bags in the release and for me they really stand out as a highlight of the collection - the Accordion Bag and the Y Project Accordion Bag Beige, the design on these is fantastic and they really stick in your mind with that. I love having the option of having it handheld or over the shoulder and I'm really pleased with the colour choices for these pieces, they'll be easy to fit in with a lot of other colours and styles of clothing. The size of them is pretty good too, they're just right for styling in my opinion^ There are also a couple of pairs of earrings, but despite them being gold I'm not their biggest fan, I do lean more towards the Y Project Inspired Oval Earrings, but the size has me a little worried that they'll take over a beauty styling.
Next up the clothing, firstly I really do quite like the colour palette, there's a lot of neutral tones in amongst the denim which really stand out to me, so I think there are plenty of options in this release. The first piece I came to and love is the Feather Hem Shirt, what a fun twist on a classic piece, those sleeves are fabulous! I like the off-white colouring to it too, it's not just a white shirt it's offering something a bit different. In the same colour scheme there is also the Y Project Inspired Heart Sweater which is a sweet piece, I like the fitted nature and the colour, but there's quite a few cut-out sections which for me make it a little trickier to style - but I think if I see someone wearing it and looking super cool, I might just be convinced to buy it too! Another top I wanted to mention is the Y Project Inspired Sweater which is in grey. Now I'm not a huge fan of grey, but the neckline detail on this piece is so pretty, I love the folded square design, it's something quite unique and not something we have anything else like in the Plaza. I do think it looks great in the outfit styled in the store, so I'm quite tempted to get this piece! I've already mentioned I'm not a fan of the denim pieces, but to me there's also nothing else standing out in the release to talk about here in my review.

T S L T O P T W O
Feather Hem Shirt | Accordion Bag
Just a top 2 this time, as this was all I picked up - for me these are some of the more versatile pieces that work in a lot of different styles, and the colours are super easy too! You can never go wrong with a fun smart shirt or a cute bag with details^

F E A T U R E S
First up we have bianca.vos looking amazing in the Accordion Bag and Y Project Inspired Pants Man - these work perfect like this for the female dolls too! I love the colour of these and it's perfect with this gold crop top. The contrasting black additions to the look with the jacket and the accessories are a fun fit, it works very nicely and I think helps to highlight the cool design that these trousers have. The accessories are great for the styling, I'm especially loving the detailed earrings and the bag^
Next up is France25 styling the Y Project Inspired Jeans looking very cool and current. This is the sort of item I think looks good on others but not on me, the style just doesn't work for me, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them looking good on someone else. I like the highlighting of the blue denim with the use of black and white in the rest of the look, I love the layering f the oversized white sweater with the black bustier piece, it's super cool! The accessories are great to finish the look too^
And the final feature, Mia1435 styling the Accordion Bag in this dramatic styling of all black, so cool! The bag stands out well against the matte black of the clothing pieces, the blazer and draping is eye-catching and memorable, but this look is all about the accessories, those boots look amazing with the bag, the two designs look fab together^ And the beauty styling is just stunning, totally draws you into the look!

S T Y L I N G S
And for my own stylings with my two purchases from the store. Firstly the Feather Hem Shirt, which actually worked out a little trickier than I had thought - the length of the shirt is a little long, so it pops out behind some bottom-half pieces. And those sleeves do make tucking/not tucking into the bottoms a little dilemma! I opted to tuck the piece into my choice of trousers, I love these beige ones, they're smart and stylish and I think they fit well style-wise with the shirt. I picked simple and matching accessories, these nude heels and bag are versatile pieces that work very nicely to let the details on the shirt stand out. Secondly the Accordion Bag, which I found a lot of styling options for when putting my look together, which is great. I went for a matched set of looks and used this beige suit, I really like beige with black, I think it has a great vibe to it and don't find the dark too overwhelming on the lighter colour. I put a black polo base and some black accessories to complete the styling for the bag and I'm really pleased with the outcome here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment