f

Saturday 16 June 2018

P R E T T Y ' N L O V E | Release Review

Last week a great drop of pretty summer pieces came to the Plaza in the form of Pretty 'N Love! There's always great things in these releases and with pink being so popular right now I'm excited to see what's inside^ Love the beach-style advertising too =D
Highlights So cute and so pink - just as expected! The store is of the usual size for release with an appropriate number of pieces. And there are a couple of male items in the mix as well to consider.
Accessories The regular number of accessories, but I'm quite pleased with what's on offer, mostly in the shoe category but there are some cute other pieces too, like the Round Frame Pink Sunglasses which have a unique design and stand out style. I loved both the Pearl Embellished Satin Sandals and the Flower Heel Sandals - both perfect for summer stylings with light colours and cool designs, the combination of white and a square tow on the second pair really remind me of late '90's/early '00's styles, I'm sure the Olson twins had something similar in one of their movies and I therefore also wanted something similar, mine were lilac, but these white ones would have been fabulous^ They both look great on the doll as well =)
Clothing All about the pink - as you can expect with this store^ Florals are still going strong with this season too which reflects in the pieces - the Melody Crochet Shorts and matching Cropped Crochet Top are the sweetest vintage styles and the Printed Bikini Top and High Rise Printed Bikine Briefs are modern poolside floral choices! I really loved the Jacquard Mini Skirt at first site, the heart printing is adorable, I love the mint and pink colours and the contrasted belt, in fact it fits perfectly with the Royalty Gucci Inspired Hearts Jacket, a perfect set =) Keeping with the printed theme, also quite fancy buying the Embroidered Silk Organza Coat, it really looks like a dressing gown, but the more I look at it I'm tempted to try it for street style and non-poolside stylings, what do you guys think about it? The Embroidered Cotton Lace Trousers are another tempting piece, they have light embroidery and a free feel with their loose fit and chiffon material, however the colour isn't quite right against my dolls tanned skin. And the more minimal pieces - the Lace Stretch Satin Chemise didn't catch my eye right away, but isn't it a great vintage style? Looks like the older Stardoll designs that are pretty popular! And also the One Shoulder Ribbed Top, this is a great basic from this store, it's got good fit on the doll a nice design and a perfect tone for many outfits, love this one!
Prices The release ranged from 12 to 18SD's which is pretty standard. There are a few SC pieces in the accessories, and nothing is limited to SS or Royalty only =)
Styled Outfits I've been getting more into wearing pinks so I had fun with this one! First up the Jacquard Mini Skirt and Round Frame Pink Sunglasses styled in a naturally pink look - still love this chunky sweater with everything and I think the tone works perfectly with these new pieces, and of course my favourite pink belt. Mixed things up with these minty/turquoise heels and I think they're a great pop with the hearts on the skirt! Next the Pearl Embellished Satin Sandals which you just see peaking out from these wide trousers. I picked neutral and light pinks for this one as these shoes have a slightly darker pink tone, while it works, they are a little too covered to show off, but I've been wearing them with some ankle grazers all week so they're getting some limelight there^ And lastly the One Shoulder Ribbed Top and Flower Heel Sandals in what I think it my favourite look of the set - love these bold trousers with the more minimal pieces, and there's still pinks in the printing so it works out. I picked a black bag to go more with the trousers but the cutout design prevent it being too dark, I just love it! 
Features Of course a few features! Millaxx is making use of both the Round Frame Pink Sunglasses handily hanging from the neckline of this light blouse, and the Flower Heel Sandals showing them off with some leg! The metallic pink skirt is a great combining piece and I love the delicate accessorising with the jewellery =D
And secondly RiManiKordenty choosing an opposite style, and wearing the Embroidered Cotton Lace Trousers and I love the layering with the red to really make them stand out, that's such a great idea! The sweater is a fun piece with the print, I don't think it draws attention from the trousers at all and I love the pop of blue in the quilted bag =D

No comments:

Post a Comment