f

Monday 18 June 2018

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

Last week ended with a brand new LE release! It's not been too long since our last one but I was excited to see what Stardoll was bringing us, especially because the snakeskin-style logo we were spoiled with before the release looks pretty cool =D
Highlights I'm not so up on the latest trends right now, but I don't feel like the release is following a certain theme as such, there's just a lot of cool pieces ... ! And also quite a few guys looks, 3 outfits to choose from which is great for the male dolls out there! I quite like the overall show of the store, I think it works and I'm excited to check everything out =)
Accessories Many accessories in this release, although not so much on the jewellery front, just the Long Stone Shape Earrings, which were so much longer than I expected after purchasing them in the app! But I do really like them for their green colouring to the stones. And also the Bvlgari Inspired Diamond Necklace and the very sweet Crab Brooch. I wasn't so impressed with the shoe offerings this time, I don't think they're hugely wearable pieces and they don't have the versatility factor that I look for, but the style does come in a range of colours, so that is one plus. On the other hand, the bags win out completely! There are 5 pieces, firstly the Snakeskin Jewelled Bag which I love so much, it's based on a Miu Miu design, which I also love and I think the colour and design are just fab^ So excited to style this! The other 4 bags are akin to the LV artist bags that have cropped up within the past year or so - the Jeff Koons Inspired LV Bag (Reubens), Clutch Bag (Fragonard), Handbag (Monet) and Backpack (DaVinci) - what a choice and what a collection! I think these are quite welcomed in the Plaza, totally different to what we've had and they're pretty current. I'm very much leaning towards the baby blue detailing on the Monet as being my favourite one. Lastly there are a couple of belts, knotted styles which have been super popular in the past and I love these in brown tones - the Faux Fur Belt and the Brown Croco Belt.
Clothing So much clothing! There's a lot in this store, so it's unlikely that everything will get a mention but I'll try to cover a good range of things. There's a huge focus on dresses and skirts, everything is about getting the legs out for summer, which I really see throughout, even though none of these pieces are your typical summer brights. There are 5 dresses, all still available by the way, but not with the cheapest of price tags. The pinks are highlighted on the first floor with the Schiaparelli Inspired Striped Dress, Heart Shaped Pink Dress and Floral Appliqued Dress Gown - while I love the skirting on the Schiaparelli, there's a sheer factor to it and a lot of '1-wear' vibes coming from it, it's so pretty but with a price of over 150, it's not worth it sadly, and I kinda feel the same about the Floral Gown, it looks so beautiful, I love shape, design, colours and fit on the doll, but it's not something you could wear everyday, if it was half price, sure I'd consider it, but right now it's a no for me - which I do find disappointing! The other dress I'm considering is the Snake Fringe Dress. With it's black base it seems more an autumn/winter piece, but I love the hemming and the overall fit, plus the design, it looks edgy and something a little different for me. There are a couple of co-ords in the store, a must in recent releases, the Art Deco Corset Shirt and Suede Miniskirt of which I went for the Shirt because it's pink and a little fun for me to play with, I'd love the see someone really working the Skirt, because I'd have no clue where to start! And then the Fringe Pink Jacket and Pink Shorts which are just to die for, I love them! The colour is perfect and the style is just the sweetest, completely what I've been wanting to try for a while now - both pieces fit well and will also look good individually. And if you're wanting to go with the shorts-suit combination without being too matchy you can go for the Green Shorts with Multicolour Snakeskin Jacket which are a similar pairing but a little less on the feminine side. There are quite a few other jackets/outerwear pieces as well, but to be honest none of them really catch my eye and I don't think they are styled with a focus on the jackets on the store mannequins which totally can help sell a piece if you get it right! There are two final pieces which I love, which were styled together but I wouldn't wear them like that myself, the Ruffled Red Blouse which has a burgundy colour and a really cool voluminous ruffle on the front with sheer sleeves, and the Graphic Skirt which is a knee-length loose skirt in really pretty and natural tones, it's really quite different which I think is what makes it stand out to me as a pretty piece. I do feel like this collection seems smaller than previous ones ... although I still feel like I spent a lot of money!
Prices As it's LE, the pieces are all SS only. The prices range from 30 to 195SD's, with quite a few pieces over the 100SD mark which is likely why there are quite a few of them still remaining in the store. I don't think the range is higher than usual, but I think the spread of prices across the range is geared a little to the expensive side compared to previous releases.
Features Saving my stylings for something special next weekend - onto the features! First up a couple of looks with the male Gucci Inspired Denim Jacket, which works well on the female dolls too. Bloom_xx_layla has gone for a feminine vintage-based look with this sweet dress layered with a white shirt. The dress fits perfectly with the colour of the printing on the jacket, and also with the darker tone in the Jeff Koons Inspired LV Backpack which works well, I like the use of it without it taking the focus of the styling. Accessories are totally spot on, love the glasses and earrings^

Also with the Gucci Inspired Denim Jacket is RiManiKordenty going for double denim with a skirt, the two denims are matched really well and the sporty-casual styling works nicely. The white shirt pops and I love the addition of colour in the bag and socks, such a fun styling =)
Next up is Evathia going down the accessories route with the Brown Croco Belt and Skull Dice Necklace. The belt is great with this blazer (it makes me glad I bought it^) and I think it's a combination that will work with lots of different styles, including with this sheer floral dress, the contrast is great!
Isabella8103 has gone with the Multicolour Snakeskin Jacket pairing it with a sweet feathered skirt which I love! It's a great addition to the jacket without pulling attention, and the turban fits perfectly with the red belting and pocket detail, plus with the lip colour, it's stunning! The bag is also a cute choice, it fits well =)
The Jeff Koon Inspired LV Clutch Bag looks awesome in this styling from ManiakPupili - the colours are just so perfect with the handheld jacket, like you couldn't have asked for a better piece! And they really pop out against the pastel pink trousers. Love the neutralness of the black polo and the gold and pink in the rest of the accessories - the bag stands out just as it should =D
And the final outfit feature, melisStar wearing the Long Stone Shape EarringsGraphic Skirt and Faux Fur Belt and they all look pretty good together^ I really like this mint top with the skirt, it's a good summer based choice, while the browns add an autumnal feel to make this a good summer to autumn look!
And finally a little something different, regnlee has styled up the LE Barn Interior and I think it looks fabulous! The furniture is all very fitting, there's a boho artsy vibe, I love the chiffon bedding and the candles and the vase of grasses - a super nice room to stay in^

No comments:

Post a Comment