f

Sunday 17 June 2018

R I V I E R A | Release Review

A true summer release - Riviera! This one typically just comes out in the summer season and is filled with coastal-style pieces, be it for town or beach. The advertising looks great - I love the models and the clothes look fresh and bright^
Highlights This store is as I expected with light fabrics, bright colours and beach-style pieces giving us a swimwear and cover-up update. I love that there are two completely different guys looks as well, and not just something bland, there's colours and prints!
Accessories There's a pretty good choice here, with a lot of headwear on top of the usual bags and shoes. The Raffia Visor Hat is stunning, the design is minimal but good and I love the slanted styling of it. Visors are very popular on the site, so the Dior Inspired Visor Sunglasses Yellow and Blue will go down well, or are they sunglasses? I'm confused by them, but I still think they will be liked! While I don't love any of the shoes for myself, I like the range of sandal styles available with straps and espadrilles on offer though, some good colours, especially the Slingback Sandal Paula Mermaid Aquas, the blue is super pretty and contrasts well against the black and studded straps. There are two bags in the store, I love the Straw Net Beach Bag though, it's so different to the usual straw bags, with it's short handle and long length, plus the design looks amazing, it could easily be a Tribute or Designer piece!
Clothing The clothes are quite a mixed bag I'd say, maybe a little too beachy for my style as I don't often wear swimwear pieces - but I do think the Flower Onepiece Swimsuit is cool, love the blue pattern and the cut to be more skirt-like on the bottom is cute. The co-ord of the Printed Crop Top and Printed Flared Pants is great, the colour is what attracts me but they're pretty solid summer pieces, which would have been good in spring too I think. The Top is definitely more versatile but I think the trousers deserve a chance! My favourite piece however is the Santorini Dress - I love the length, the split in the leg, the colour, texture and those pom-poms! It looks amazing on the doll and is a flattering piece, it gets the thumbs up from me =D 
Prices The release ranges from 11 to 18SD's, which is pretty normal. There are a few pieces in SC's, but nothing is limited to SS or Royalty only.
Styled Outfits Really feeling summery in these looks! First up the Santorini Dress minimally with neutral heels and some pom-pom earrings to fit the style - this dress does it all, it doesn't need much added to look good =) Secondly the Straw Net Beach Bag which I love even more having it in my suite and trying with different pieces, for me white was the obvious choice to let the colour of the straw stand out, and I think this smarter style works really well with the bag, especially the cut of these trousers. And finally the Printed Crop Top, contrasting with these bold trousers - I tried on so many skirts and trousers to find something and I did struggle, particularly with needing a high waist, but I think this works out quite nicely. And with the pink shoes as well!

Features These pieces seem to be the favourites! BeySashaFierce is wearing the Printed Crop Top with these dark floral trousers and I think the pinks match perfectly! Love the addition of the pink sunglasses, and I think the white heels and bag are great against the contrast of the rest of the colours =)

And Marta32222 wears the matching Printed Flared Pants, layering them so they come across as a skirt, which is a fab idea^ I love the contrast with the blue, it's individual, stands out and works nicely, especially those mules, a great choice =D

No comments:

Post a Comment