f

Saturday 5 February 2022

Inspired By Balenciaga C O A T S | Styled Outfits

Ok, I promised this post would come in my Balenciaga review - I bought all the coats and now I'm styling them! I think the coats from this collection were pretty popular and I love seeing that, outerwear is for sure one of my top categories of clothing. First up is the Balenciaga Inspired Trench W, which I think is a great Spring and Autumn piece, they're the seasons I associate most with trench coats, and actually I think it's a category of coat I've never styled up on my doll or had in my wardrobe before. I started out this styling a little differently by looking for a bag to wear first, I wanted something brown-toned that would pair well with the buttons on the coat, now I failed in that task but I did love how this little bucket bag looked paired with a more casual piece like this coat, and the base colour of each worked very nicely together. It was quite fun to work with an accessory already in the styling then moving to clothes. I stuck pretty simple but it works complementary to the bag which also has beige tones in it. Such a simple look but one I really love^ Second is the Balenciaga Inspired Oversized Blazer, which is the most 'out there' piece for me, it's a little out of my comfort zone for sure but I was quite keen to give it a try! I actually ended up with a couple of looks to choose between for this piece, I'm pleased I was able to find a number of items which looked good with it as that was definitely one of my worries. I loved this skirt for the blue splash of colour right in the middle that is a good colour-match to the blazer. The rest of the pieces were easy to put together, I love black paired with blue and the little black details in the skirt print stand out nicely too with these accessories added. I think this piece will work well year-round and I have a few fun ideas for Summer stylings already =) And last but not least, the Balenciaga Inspired Suede Coat. This is the coat from the release that I've seen styled the least, I however loved styling it and think it works well with quite a few of my favourite clothing items. This is a classic Autumn/Winter coat, so I think I'll try and get another wear or two out of it before the Spring. I tested this piece out with various belts to add to the already cinched waist, they do look good, but at the same time this piece looks great without that addition. I knew I wanted to add other brown tones to the look and I'm really pleased with how these trousers work out. With other very simple and neutral additions the suede texture of the piece really gets the full focus it deserves in a styling - another look I really love!

No comments:

Post a Comment