f

Thursday 3 February 2022

I T G I R L S | Original v. Recolour

Our most recent IT GIRLS release brought us another set of re-coloured items of which I was happy to pick up a couple - I thought instead of just styling these new pieces it would also be fun to style up the original item and see how the two compare:
Original: I've had these Simple White Denim jeans for some time and have worn them quite a lot since their release in May 2017 (!!!) - they're an easy piece to style and they look good with so many different items of clothing. I've worn them less recently as I've gone off denim a little, but these are a staple white jean to have in my wardrobe, the straight leg and high waist fit it spot on! There are so many ways to wear these, this time I opted for this bold blue shirt with matching accessories along with a classic white blazer - there really are so many options but I'm feeling the blue right now^ 
Re-colour: The 'new' Simple Black Denim jeans have brought another classic to my wardrobe, a good pair of black straight leg jeans with a high waist. Whilst the raw hem won't always be what I want to include in a styling, I made use of it in this one and it really pops against these yellow boots. This tee has been catching my eye in my wardrobe the last few weeks so I wanted to try it out in a styling, these jeans seemed a good fit. I kept it more Winter-ready with the polo underneath but I think it works out well with the black font on the print. The rest of the look is simple with black added in the jacket and bag, and I love how these yellow sunglasses look against the bag. I'm sure I'll be wearing these again in no time!
Original: This is the HotBuys Printed Skirt which came out in January 2019 in such a fun set of Hotbuys, however I didn't style it until I revisited the collection - I have attempted it and given up a few times, I do find it a trickier piece to style but for this post, I really enjoyed working with it. Trying it with this overcoat was perfect for me, it's completely fitting with my current style vibes and I find with the coat covering some of it, it was much easier to style and I love this look! I decided on a white and black styling, and I'm very pleased with it, I think the added black in the top and the solid white of the coat really makes that printed panel of the skirt stand out in the styling. The accessories are classic pieces, but the bag adds a touch of fun, I really love in there. This look has definitely inspired me to try out this skirt more often!
Re-colour: There are a couple of different colour options for this 'new' piece, I've opted for the Printed Skirt Orange because I thought it would be a super fun Summer piece and this is exactly the sort of style I like in the Summer. This was so fun to style and I found quite a few tops and accessories that I liked with it, so I'm looking forward to wearing it again already. To pair in with the first look I opted for a white shirt, I like this one in particular as I like the twisted design on the front with the gathering of the skirt. I'm so glad these shoes worked out as a perfect colour match for the skirt, again the bow really works well with the skirt gathering, I love these two together^ All I'm lacking is the perfect pair of orange sunglasses for this one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment