f

Tuesday 1 February 2022

I N S P I R E D B Y V I V I E N N E W E S T W O O D | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Our next Tribute released this season was Vivienne Westwood, this is a brand that I don't particularly look at the collections from, or even think to look at, it's just not my style. So I wasn't surprised that the pieces in this release really weren't items I was interested in buying. I have picked up one piece to try out, but it's not worth a full review post, and I think a lot of people felt the same way about this store as there weren't many dolls styling up these pieces when I went looking for features. I've found a few though and I do think these are pretty great =D First up is DIORian styling the Westwood Inspired Corset Blue and Westwood Inspired Pearls in this very creative way, I really like how it looks! The blue pops so well against the white, and even with other blue pieces in the styling, the tartan design holds its own and stands out well. I love the contrast of the tartan with the delicate lace blouse beneath, the shoulder detail is great and helps draw attention to that part of the styling. I love the accessories added in the look, the jewellery all looks great together and I think the socks with the mules are a quirky but cute touch, I think it works nicely^
Next up is kiedis who wears the Westwood Inspired Tee Black in this very cool styling. What I particularly loved was the pairing of the top with these trousers, the two have the same vertical ribbed detail and really look like a set. I also love the use of the tights, love the sheer effect at both the feet and the waist, it's really effective in the styling. The pieces have been added to well, this jacket is pretty stand out but the open design leaves for the top to be highlighted, and it still stands out against those cool shoulder details. Also love the belting, that's a very nice touch to the look =)
And for my stylings, the piece I bought was the Westwood Inspired Tee Black, perhaps the most minimal piece in the collection. I do like the idea of some of the other pieces, but how they look on the doll just didn't work out for me. So I've styled up two looks with the Westwood Inspired Tee Black - at first I was a bit worried that I'd be able to go for two quite differently styled looks, but I did and I'm quite impressed with myself, haha! First up a more casual styling, I wanted to make sure the hem design of the shirt was on show which definitely needs a lighter colour on the bottom. The style of these trousers worked really well and I think the two pieces go nicely together. Since styling some trainers in another recent post I wanted to try them out again and I really thought this was a great opportunity, and I'm really pleased with the outcome of that pairing! I chose this specific pair for their white base but also their black details, the brown tones made a perfect opportunity for adding in the accessories and I just adore this bag added to the styling, really it's so perfect in there and I love this look as something different for me =D Next up is perhaps more 'classic me' and this outfit came together very quickly and was super easy to do. I wanted to try something striped to make use of that detail in the top, and I just loved how this skirt looked and fitted with the vibes of the top - I quite like the black and navy pairing, and actually the navy is quite dark, so the colour difference isn't too obvious. I went with black for the accessories and I think the pieces work very nicely with the clothing combination. It's smarter than the first look and I think shows that this top has more versatility than I was first expecting, I'm quite glad I bought this now!

No comments:

Post a Comment